From the cover -
“Ha!” Chang laughed and spat on the rough floor. “That’s what I think of your boasts. You had better drink that potion of yours quickly or it will do you no good.” He readied his scimitar with a final defiant slash through the air.
“Oh, this,” Klauswitz said nonchalantly. “This is not for me. It’s for you.”
“Why would I want to drink one of your foul elixirs?”
“Because this is the antidote that will save you from the arrow worm I just hit you with.” He made a show of staring at the yellow-orange liquid through the glass flask, as if checking it for a bug or hair. “You tell me what I want to know and I’ll give you the antidote. Simple, eh?” He smiled, showing the two false fangs of the tusk shells he’d had implanted.
The world around us is filled with many wondrous and seemingly magical creatures. For everything created by man, it seems that nature has done it first, and better. The fantasy world is no different. In a land filled with dragons and magic it is not surprising that strange and unique animals will evolve through time.
Natural Wonders – Fauna Book 1: Aquatic Animals explores 17 new and naturally occurring aquatic animals (excluding fish and sharks) that have unique and quasi-magical qualities. These natural wonders are set on the world of Ados and can be used as part of the Ados: Land of Strife campaign setting. Each entry is also designed so that you can use these natural wonders in any campaign setting.
Each natural wonder entry gives you the following information about the animal:
- how common it occurs, its hardness or AC, and hit points
- the animal’s special quality; what makes it unique
- a complete description of the animal
- a listing of applicable skills associated with the entry
- prices for the raw material
- items that can be made from the Natural Wonder
- spell effects for using the Natural Wonder as a spell component for existing spells
- several of the entries also have new spells that can be cast using the Natural Wonder
- a short adventure hook so you can incorporate the natural wonder easily into your game (including NPC stats where appropriate).