From the back of the box:
The Last Tower
The Legacy of Raistlin
by Skip Williams
Those the tower invites may enter, All others...beware!
Millennia ago, the Wizards of High Sorcery created five magical Towers to serve as centers of arcane knowledge and to protect their fellowship of sorcerers from those who would see magic destroyed. Throughout the centuries, however, mages across the land of Ansalon were persecuted until today, in the Fifth Age, only one of these remarkable bastions of magic still stands - the Tower at Wayreth.
Now you can explore the mysteries of this enigmatic Tower of High Sorcery, where the archmage Raistlin once faced his arcane Test. Details of this, The Last Tower, are revealed for the first time ever in the sourcebook Secrets of the Tower. Sections include:
- A history of the Towers of High Sorcery, and Wayreth in particular.
- A travelogue of the traps and treasures surrounding Wayerth Forest.
- Rules for using magic inside the Tower's unique protective field, which can make up seem like down of cause the Tower to appear out of nowhere.
- A catalogue of magical items, from tiny trinkets to powerful artifacts.
- A description of the Tower's most important locations, as well as its mysterious and secretive Master.
The Last Tower includes Adventures in Magic, a book containing scenarios for modern-day Tests of High Sorcery, trips through Wayreth's dreamlike dungeon, and an adventure that pits the heroes against Dark Knights, gully dwarves, and a clever copper dragon in a quest for an artifact that almost destroyed the Tower. A full-color poster map illustrates Wayreth Forest in beautiful detail and offers floor plans of the Tower's layout, for heroes who dare to explore.
In this Tower, where the magic of High Sorcery lives on, remember to watch your step and mind your manners - the Master is watching.