Credits (Second Edition)
- Inspired by a conversation with James Rufus.
- Influenced by a discussion with R. Boon and Brian Towlson.
- Additional conceptual input by Nick Elliott.
- Originally rules developed by Chris Bateman, in a fit of creativity.
- Initial feedback provided by James Rufus, R. Boon and Brian Towlson.
- Primary play testing by Robert Baronowski, Chris Bateman, R. Boon, Rob Briggs, Jonathon Bruce, Nick Elliott, James Rufus and Brian Towlson.
- Additional play testing by Simon Apps, Ed Brown, Neil Bundy, Dave Gazey, Andy Montgomery, James (Backlash) Hall-Palmer, Patrick Hall-Palmer, Matt (Runaway) Parsloe, Jon Rouse, James Rufus and Mikey Sylvain.
- Main rules by Chris Bateman with some rules suggestions by Brian Towlson, R. Boon, James Rufus, Nick Elliott and a host of proof readers.
- Poison rules developed by Chris Bateman, to fulfill a specification by Dave Brookes (get well soon).
- Sample world by Chris Bateman, Rob Briggs, Jof Bruce, Nick Elliott, James Rufus and Brian Towlson. Minor input from R. Boon and Coryn Jones. Orphis created by INVALID OBJECT ID=35123, type=person, Grainne Forde and Sarah Beecham.
- Example of Duellist combat by Rob Briggs, R. Boon and Brian Towlson.
- Technical input from Andrew Papageorgio and Charlie Winckless. Thanks to Rob Briggs for working out how far a person goes underwater when diving.
- Typesetting by Chris Bateman with gratefully accepted contributions by Ian Chard and Neil "Aphrodite" Bundy and occasional help and hindrance from Nick "Captain Whimsy" Elliott.
- Character sheet design by Aaron Lewis and Chris Bateman, R. Boon, Brian Towlson.
- Filestore and hardware support during typesetting provided by Peter Crowther. Without the hardware, none of this could have happened (thanks Peter!).
- Art by Spag and the Boon. Sketches by James Rufus, Nick Elliott, Rob Briggs and Chris Bateman were also included, after being inked by the Boon.
- Proof-reading by R. Boon, Peter Crowther, Brian Towlson, Neil "Aphrodite" Bundy, Dave Gazey, Aaron Lewis, Andy Montgomery, Matt Mower, Trudi Skuse, Simon Wilson and Charlie Winckless.
- Second edition proof reading by Peter Crowther, Nick "Captain Whimsy" Elliott, James Mclaren, and the gorgeous pouting Cathy Bryant.
- Thanks to the hundred plus people who completed the role-playing survey, and gave some indication as to what people thought was missing in the games currently on the market.
- Additional thanks to the Boon for helping rewrite the more turgid parts of the rules, Peter Crowther for correcting spelling and punctuation beyond the call of duty and Andy Montgomery for the blind play test.
I'd like to offer special thanks to Boon, Brian, James, Nick and Rob whose enthusiasm kept me going throughout this task, and to Neil whose enthusiasm in the past has kept me pursuing all my ill-fated role-playing game projects. Without you, this would never have come to pass.
Credits (Third Edition)
- HTML assisstance from Coffee Cup HTML Editor++ Pro. One day I'll be able to afford to buy programs like this instead of using demo versions...
- Wayne Thompson for selling me the PC that enabled me to do the HTMLing.
- Bob Amsbury for putting up with loads of 'How does this look on a real PC, Bob?', and generally being able to use his PC to do arty bits.
- Spiral Lobster for giving me this project. If nothing else, I've learnt the basics of HTML, and it's stopped me getting into trouble of a night.
- Windows® for being annoying, and making things take longer than they should (not to mention failing to recognise my hardware, meaning my display is stuck at 640x480x16).
- Avatar, my cat, for being eternally patient and loving.
This HTML edition of Avatar has stuck fairly faithfully to the second printed edition. Where there are differences, it is either because of HTML restrictions, or I pulled editorial rank.