From the game's introduction:
Discordia is a loose disorganization of Eris Freaks. A better definition is impossible. If you are unfamiliar with Discordia, please read The Principia Discordia before attempting to embark upon these misadventures. Other possible sources for information regarding Discordianism itself are listed in Appendectomy A at the bottom of this file.
If, on the other hand, you are reading this because you are a Discordian and are unfamiliar with RISUS, please visit the RISUS Website at Cumberland Games: http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus.htm or read Appendectomy B: Our Summary of Risus before continuing.
YOU CALL THESE RULES?
All rules in this supplement (and in reality, for that matter) are subject to change by any Meta-Technician.
All rules remain as outlined in RISUS, with the following changes:
- All known "Optional Rules" for Risus are fully available BUT keep in mind that RISUS is a very simplified system for a reason - to cut out all of the tracking and rolling that inhibits roll-playing. On one level this is good - it frees the characters and GM to do what they want and not have to keep track of things and roll dice every time something comes up. On the other hand, Discordians sometimes find enjoyment in complexity. Pick and choose the optional rules that work for your group (or mood). It is not out of the question for some people in the group to play with optional rules in effect while others do not.
- All known rules ever introduced to the game by Meta-Technicians are still in effect.
- Players should attempt to choose clichés that they will be able to roleplay. For example, if you are unfamiliar with Conspiracy Theories, you should not choose "Paranoid" as a cliché, or it you do, research it a bit in real life.
- Every player automatically gets the cliché "Pope" (since every man, woman and child is a Pope). A Pope’s chief weapon is surprise... Surprise and fear... fear and surprise... Their two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency... Their three weapons are fear, and surprise, and ruthless efficiency... and an almost fanatical devotion to Eris... Their four... no... Amongst their weapons... Hmf... Amongst their weaponry... are such elements as fear, surprise... and nice red uniforms. Well, you get the general idea.
- Optional Rules specific to this Discordian Supplement may be found in Appendectomy C: Optional Rules.