From the back of the book:
Since the birth of modern fantasy fiction, halflings have been the incongruous, pint-sized adventurers at the center of it all, constantly overlooked and dismissed by their enemies, only to end up overcoming all odds. Nowhere is this more true than in the Pathfinder campaign setting, where plucky and courageous halflings do their best to integrate into the societies of larger races, where they’re frequently preyed upon by slavers and malicious employers. Yet despite such adversity, halflings maintain a notoriously positive outlook and an uncanny knack for being in the right place at the right time. Those who disregard halflings based on their size do so at their peril, for you never know when that smiling servant might slip your coins into his pocket—or his knife into your back.
Put some hair on your toes with this new Pathfinder Player Companion. Inside this book, you’ll find:
- Details on the halflings of Golarion—their physical and mental traits, style of dress, famous curiosity and opportunistic luck, and more.
- An overview of halfling culture, including a history of halflings on Golarion, their traditions and coming-of-age rituals, and relations with other races.
- Descriptions of major halfling settlements and communities, and how they differ from nation to nation.
- Halfling religion, crafts, weapons, and other tools and disciplines that help keep them safe, plus an overview of the Bellflower Network, an underground organization working to free halfling slaves everywhere.
- New types of sling ammunition designed specifically to help take down larger foes, as well as new sling-related feats.
- The Halfling Opportunist prestige class, perfect for stealthy characters of all sorts.
- New halfling-specific traits for characters of any background.
- Rules for sacred keepsakes that aid in divine casting, halfling jinxes capable of infuriating and incapacitating foes, and more!
This Pathfinder Player Companion is set in the Pathfinder campaign setting and works best with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game or the 3.5 version of the world’s oldest fantasy roleplaying game, but can easily be incorporated into any fantasy world.