Three Sages Games line of GSL 4E products for Dungeons and Dragons
3SG-5000 Heroic Encounters - module A1; The Perils of Ophelia
What does the fate of the cursed lizard-like Aran'than people, a festering family feud of noble blood, the once lost diary of a dead cleric, and forbidden love have in common?
Your band of Heroes of course!
A1; The Perils of Ophelia is the first in a line of authorized 4E D&D adventurers that take gaming modules to a new level. Written to mesh into almost any 4E campaign, this adventure offers the following innovations:
* Different encounter groups of monsters from the same faction provide the DM a range of choices
to cover 4th to 8th level and four to six characters. Regardless of the number of players or their
level, an appropriate challenge is provided that keeps the story flow intact. This also allows the
DM is easily adjust the difficulty based on the player's gaming experience and the character's
* Result based flow chart leads players through encounters in a logical fashion based on what they
accomplish or choose to attempt. They can fail to win an encounter and still continue through the
story line to the end. Several possible end-adventure results are possible depending on the player's
* Reusability is built in. Several of the story encounters and all of the random encounters can easily
be used in a different adventure that is city oriented. The included Stone Bard Inn staff dossier
provides an inn that can be revisited by the players many times.
* Meshes with the Art of WorTM City Tile’s Stone Bard Inn set, reusing the inn tiles to represent
other locations in the city. Can also be played without the tiles.
* Role Play nodes complete with multiple text blocks for main NPCs regarding a range of situations
that are likely to come up. Somewhat like cut scenes in a computer game that move the story along
and set up the next encounter.
The Perils of Ophelia includes the following features -
* A special, Wet/Dry Erase Art of Wor City Tile (8x10.5 inch) for one of the encounters.
* More than 50 statistic blocks detailing game information for monsters and NPCs from numerous
factions included the Devil Dog mercenaries, devils, Aran'than "Lizoid" people, street gangs,
undead, voodoo devil cultists, an assassin group, city watch, and inn staff.
* Ten adventure encounters, six role play nodes, and ten random encounters detailed.
* The Stone Bard InnTM dossier with the base information required to flesh out the inn for both'
this adventure and future campaign use.
* A stand alone plot that is part of a larger story line of three adventurers designed to take players
through the threshold of Paragon tier where they will affect the fortunes of all the Aran'than for
better or worse.
Plot Overview (No spoilers of course...)
The heroes have stopped in at a favored inn within a major city for a little rest. However they find themselves offered the task of protecting the Viscount Laomedon and his niece Ophelia for a few days until the viscount's men arrive to resume that duty. He's in the city looking for a diary. If the heroes are game for it, they must protect the Viscount and his niece amid a nasty family feud for control of a county while procuring the diary and fighting off mercenaries, street gangs, and anyone else posing a danger or that is after the diary. All while avoiding arrest by the City Watch for causing strife in the city as well. Not to mention that they will be forced to deal with Ophelia's little "issue"......