From the back of the book:
Want to be a Dungeon Master?
Get started or ramp up your skills with this fun and easy guide!
Whether you've already run a few DUNGEONS & DRAGONS games or you've decided to try Dungeon Mastering, this book's for you. Here are all the basics of managing a game in the new 4th Edition plus everything that will take your skills to the next level: how to build a good story, design a great dungeon, craft a campaign, and so much more.
- Keep it moving -- learn to build challenging encounters, make reasonable rulings, and manage disagreements
- Play in style -- find your personal style and develop a game that plays to your strengths
- Be adventurous -- understand the parts of the adventure, how to create maps, and how to run monsters and villains
- Risk and rewards -- learn to keep the game in balance with level-appropriate rewards (experience points, treasure, and magic items)
- Campaign -- build a campaign with exciting themes, memorable villains, and plots that keep players entranced