From the publisher's website:
VillageWorks (first released in 2003) is the world's first truly modular village construction kit. You don't simply get a few buildings; you get the building blocks to create literally 100's of unique "Hollywood Flats" style (no interiors) building designs in ONE PACKAGE and at one low price. Simply mix and match a variety of bases, second floors, roof designs and building modifiers to create a building of any shape and as large or as small as your heart desires. Create towering multi-storied buildings, sprawling estates, small hovels, long house, mystic guilds, shops, generic homes, mills, farms, bakers, churches... the list goes on and on. The only limit to the amount of buildings you can create is your imagination.
Once you've created your buildings add one of twenty different generic, swappable signs to further customize your dream structure. To further enhance your dream village WorldWorks has included a vast selection of village props, various ground tiles and building modifiers that can be used in countless ways.
Included in this set is WorldWorks unique and highly functional "Masterboard TM". MasterBoard is the ultimate user customized playmat that allows you to create the terrain to match your village vision on a 1-inch grid. On top of all of this WorldWorks has included a special preview of the coming CitizenWorks pack with over 10 villagers to inhabit your busy village! All of this with the extreme quality and realistic detail that WorldWorks has become know for. No other system offers this much for this little!
VillageWorks includes all of the following:
* 5 highly detailed unique base designs of various materials: wood, stone, plaster, mud, plaster & wood
* 5 highly detailed unique stackable second floor designs of various materials: wood, stone, plaster, mud, plaster & wood
* 8 unique roof designs for various sized buildings and slopes. Includes a special 3 piece roof modifier for creating roof towers.
* 3 unique chimney sizes and colors
* 2 classic medieval adventurers tents
* 2 small farmer hovels/huts
* 1 Large pond for all your aquatic mayhem with ultra-realistic reflections
* 1 small stinking bog
* 2 detailed river tiles: straightaway and curved
* 6 unique Masterboard tiles based on a 1-inch grid with highly detailed terrain including: grasslands, road, broken road, gravel, and gravel/grass hybrid. Configure to your needs! Includes special board trim for that finishing touch.
* 1 generic bridge design. Extremely easy to assemble bridge design that doesn't sacrifice looks for simplicity.
* 1 Blood Bridge. The ancient and battle worn blood bridge awaits with its 4 richly detailed totems and carved hand railings.
* 2 medieval carts. Two fantastic multi-purpose medieval carts
* 4 crate designs. A busy village wouldn't be complete without a variety of item packed crates lying around.
* 1 merchant's stall. Print this flexible and highly detailed merchant stall several times for the ultimate marketplace.
* 1 Mill. The Mill is a fantastic model that can be added to any building standing near a river tile. The wood looks so real you'd swear it was wet!
* 1 stable. No self-respecting medieval village would be complete without the stench of a stable. Includes realistic straw ground tile.
* 1 well. The perfect centerpiece to your village with its overhang, rope and spindle.
* 4 wood fences. The Perfect way to define territories with these handy multi-purpose wooden fences.
* 20 Building Signs and signposts. These generic building signs are designed to slide on and of your building signposts. With over 20 unique symbols flexible and abstract enough to account for all of your needs.
* 1 DungeonWorks entrance. If you bought WorldWorks other release DungeonWorks then you will be happy to see the inclusion of the official DungeonWorks entrance. A model so detailed that it could have been sold separately.
* 10 Citizens. From the coming CitizenWorks set you get a free preview set of 10 citizens to fill your village!
* Online support through the WorldWorks Message Boards.