From the publisher's website:
(This set was released in 2006 prior to other companies adopting the 2.5-D standard...hence the following "groundbreaking" talk ;) ) WorldWorks is always striving to break new ground and with that we are proud to present our latest genre busting concept ‘2.5-D’. We have long thought about delving into the 2-D tile market but we didn’t want to do so until we could bring something unique to the table. ‘DungeonLinX: Lair of the Dragon God’ is a foundation model set offering the best of the 2-D tileset world but with an original 3-D twist.
The tiles contained within Lair of the Dragon God (LOTDG) exceed current industry visual standards in almost every way. No rehashed photos, substandard vector graphics or poorly rendered 3-D models here. Every scrap of what you see is a hand crafted original work of art. WorldWorks uses a multitude of tools and techniques to achieve a level of detail and realism not seen in any other product. Renowned model designer Denny Unger weaves a landscape of rich and enchanting environments sure to pull your gamers into the table like never before.
WorldWorks takes advantage of its extensive 3-D terrain experience by infusing LOTDG with easy to build 3-D props to further expand the scope of the model set. These props add depth, elevation and tactically important elements without impeding miniatures movement. Fill your dungeon with doors, treasure pits, lava outlets and even a fully realized 3-D dragon!
We’ve even taken things a step further by included an extensive instruction manual with full color photos to guide you through to the very end of production. Setting a new standard we even include a step-by-step tutorial on how to properly mount your tiles for stability and longevity. You can choose between standard mounting methods or WorldWorks very own ‘PaperLinX’ connector system. PaperLinX gives you the tools to connect each tile in your layout on the fly without having to worry about those nasty table bumps.
iMP MODEL PLANNER:
And then there’s the planner... If that isn’t enough for you we even include our very own iMP (Interactive Model Planner) for free with the set. The iMP lets you manipulate and plan layouts before you print a single page! Once you are happy with your layout you can print off a thumbnail sketch and start building from your personalized plan.
Add to all of the above our legendary support through the extremely popular WorldWorks community forums, online video tutorials and professional customer assistance.
A FAIR PRICE:
We take what we do very seriously and we feel strongly that you deserve better for your hard earned dollars! If the support is there we will create more expansions in the 2.5-D DungeonLinX line.
Everything you need to create an extensive 2.5-D dungeon is included with DungeonLinX: Lair of the Dragon God:
- Straight 7"X3" Corridors (in 2 unique texture variants with both stairs and no stairs options)
- T-Intersection (Both false perspective "Walled" and no walls versions are available. Comes in 2 unique texture variants)
- Crossroads (Both false perspective "Walled" and no walls versions are available. Comes in 2 unique texture variants)
- Corners (Both false perspective "Walled" and no walls versions are available. Comes in 2 unique texture variants)
- 7"X7"Generic room module
- 7"X7" Generic Blank stone tile
- 7"X7" Treasury Tile with opening vault doors (Comes in false perspective "Walled" and no walls versions)
- 7"X7" Worship Room (Comes in false perspective "Walled" and no walls versions)
- 2 fully 3-D door designs (wood and magic). Doors collapse completely flat for transport.
- 7"x7" Hidden Sacrificial Altar tile
- 7"x7" Temple lava crossing (comes with "no bridge", "weak bridge" and "strong bridge" crossings)
- 7"x7" Sacrifice pits (Angular wedge tiles to add interest to any layout)
- 7"x7" Left and right angular lava channels
- Massive 3-D Dragonpen doors
- Exquisitely detailed full 3-D Dragon (create an army of them if you want!)
- Straight 7"X7" Lava Chamber (Comes in both full and empty states)
- T-Intersection (Comes in both full and empty states)
- Crossroads (Comes in both full and empty states)
- Corners (Comes in both full and empty states)
- Straight 7"X7" Lava tile with both single and triple iron bridge crossings.