- Enhancements offered by cards are built into the system, such as character creation and experience rewards. While the cards are "optional," the game is not complete as intended without them.
- Facilitate player success, and hinder enemies.
- Provide additional role-playing opportunities, simple bonuses to tasks, or hinder foes.
- Cards can be exchanged for Experience, or earn the player EXP when played.
- Examples include "I’m Glad I Brought This Shotgun," "Retry," "Failure," and "What the Hell?!"
- Card set includes blanks for creating your own Background and Game cards.