From the publisher:
Evil is eternal, but every age has its defenders.
Return to an era when being a hero was a two-fisted affair, Tommy guns were the height of gangster innovation, and every episode ended on a cliffhanger. Here, masked avengers work beside canny private eyes; spacemen protect the stars, pilots fly the skies, and explorers delve into a hollowed-out Earth
Our world swells with the malevolence of the Thirteen and their human thralls, but they aren’t facing a new breed of heroes – these are the originals. Evil is pounding at the door between dimensions, but it isn’t just the Thaumaturgia ready to stand against them.
Capers, Cliffhangers and the Kandris Seal provides the following, and then some:
* An overview of the pulp and movie serial genres, and how to mix them up with a Kandris Seal setting
* A timeline covering major world events from the Great Depression to Kennedy’s election, with suggestions on what plots might play out behind the scenes
* A gazetteer that describes the world – and a few places not of this world – during the heyday
* Tips on making setting-friendly heroes; a collection of hissable villains; and adventure seeds galore
* Period-ready feats, skills, gadgets, and abilities
From steaming jungles to ice-capped peaks; from the desert Southwest to the bustle of New York City, adventure has no limits. Polish the paired Colt revolvers, don the domino mask, charge up some spells, and stick out that rugged chin. How will our heroes face this latest threat? Tune in to the next exciting chapter!
Requires the use of the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game, published by Wizards of the Coast, Inc. d20 Modern, and Wizards of the Coast are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. in the United States and other countries and are used with permission. ‘D20 System’ and the ‘D20 System’ logo are Trademarks owned by Wizards of the Coast and are used according to the terms of the D20 System License version 3.0. A copy of this License can be found at www.wizards.com/d20.