From the back of the book:
Deep beneath the surface, an ancient war still rages, now you must choose your side - but choose carefully
Millennia ago, the elves of the Elenon Mountains were the envy of all -- beautiful, strong and wise. Yet, pride goeth before a fall, and even the greatest are no exception. Now the dark elves live in exile, the hated rivals of the elves of the light -- including the battered remnants of their mysterious twilight elf kin. Whether you become a bloodthirsty dark elf cleric, a dark elf fighter exiled for her purity and goodness, or even an honorable twilight elf soldier, this book gives you the knowledge, the skills and the equipment to begin your adventure!
Blood & Shadows is loaded with Dungeons & Dragons (v3.5 Edition) material, including:
- Two Elven Subraces! Join the dark elves in their quest for dominance, or side with the twilight elves as they guard their ancient home against their evil-touched kin.
- All New Prestige Classes! Become a brother of the twilight fist, divine chorister, guild artificer, hellbound, keel'thaile, or sister of the obsidian gaz'zirad.
- New Equipment and Magic Items! These sections contain normal and magic weapons, tools, armor, alchemy, poison and more.
- New Skills and Feats! Learn special details about life below the surface and how to master the special abilities that life in the ebon depths requires!
- Detailed Magic Sections! Learn about new spells and alchemy, and discover new uses for existing spells.
- Easy-To-Use Quick Reference Sections! Whether you need a new name for your character, immediate information on religion or how to translate an unknown word, these sections give you all the information you need.
- Culture and Society! Learn about social caste systems, military forces and tactics, and their views on creation, religion, dominance, loyalty and a myriad of other subjects, including trading practices, recreational habits, diet, clothing and much more!
- Psychology! Discover how to flesh your character into a living, breathing person with real relevance and connection to the campaign world.
- Backwards Compatible! Along with the new material, this book also includes ideas on how to utilize the existing information (races, classes, monsters, skills, spells, etc) in your campaign.
- Adventure Hooks, Campaign Ideas, Monsters and Much More! DMs learn secret information on monsters, magic items and the history of the dark and twilight elves - extremely useful for planning adventures. Make the dark elves into whatever you choose, be they interesting villains or a world-shaking threat!
Although usable in any campaign, this book is especially suite for the Kingdoms of Kalamar Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting - a realistic, dynamic world where complex political alliances mix with marauding bands of humanoids, and medieval technology and culture come face to face with magic and the fantastic. Whatever type of adventure you seek, you can find it here.
This Kingdoms of Kalamar Supplement is intended for use by D&D players and Dungeon Masters (DMs) alike. To use this book in a Dungeon & Dragons campaign, you need a copy of the Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide and the Monster Manual. You can also find further detail on the lands and cities of the Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign setting in the Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign setting sourcebook, the Kinggdoms of Kalamar Player's Guide, or any of our other fine supplements and adventures.