He is the inheritor of a martial tradition born in the depths of Horrdren's Claw. He fights with his hands and feet, his elbows and head. He carries no blade and wears only the lightest armor. He relies upon his agility and resolve to see him through. He is no monk. His abilities come not from a religion or the study of an ancient philosophy. Rather, his abilities come from the bone of his knuckle, the sinews of his arms, the knowledge of the measure of his own body. He is... the Martialist!
The Martialist is an unarmed striker that grapples or strikes, with his fist, his foot, or even his head.
A departure from previous The Fantasy Cartographic efforts, Fantasy Class: Martialist is full-on 4E D&D! This supplement describes a completely new character class containing:
- 145 exploits, including those for paragon paths and epic destinies, such as Savor the Punishment, Stand and Deliver, and Weaponless Does Not Equal Weak
- Eight paragon paths designed to expand your options in the paragon tier, including the Battlefield Sprinter, Iron Fist, and the Granite Grappler
- Three new epic destinies, including the Eternal Striker, Grappler of the Gods, and the Wave Ruler for non-martialist characters
- 61 feats from all three tiers of play including three multiclass feats
- 16 new magic items to give your martialist the edge or to be used by your other characters
- Optional rules to take advantage of the 'ordinary' equipment you carry to assist in combat
- Print-ready power cards for all 145 exploits
- Original artwork by acclaimed fantasy artist VShane
Supported by the 4E Dungeons & Dragons Game System License.