This product works with any role playing game.
- more than 1800 female names (i.e. 18 tables with 100 names each, plus a table with less than 100 names)
- more than 800 female nicknames,
- more than 1900 male names,
- more than 800 male nicknames,
- and more than 1900 surnames.
With regards to all sample names listed: characters and names are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Sample names you could generate from this volume:
- (Female names) Helsea Bavoler, Sasale Cain, Lotte Erson, Bempia "Uptight Bempia" Loldavyne, and Baneth Pembice.
- (Male names) Griant Anlan Bene, Bersher Lack, Marvis "Slim Marvis" Longelly, Winan Mitts, and Rustas Ocklam. .
Terra Ferax Innovations' name tables series is designed to provide you with a way to quickly obtain a name for your PCs and NPCs. Tired of cartoonish names such as an elven ranger named "Woody Trolltracker"? Can your campaign suffer another cobbler named "Tommy Toetacker"?
Remove the cartoonish names from your campaign and give your PCs and NPCs believable and consistent names. Stop agonizing for hours over naming a character with easy to use, alphabetical lists of names arranged in numbered tables.
This booklet is table based, but this is to aid the harried Game Master in rolling up names for NPCs. Players should treat the tables simply as lists and choose names from them. The configuration section helps you design your name (are you Johann Bach, Johann S. Bach, J. Sebastian Bach, J.S. Bach, or Johann Sebastian Bach?). Do you have a nickname? Then you generate your first name, your middle name (if you have one), your nickname (if you have one), and your surname. In real life you might encounter someone with your first name or last name (or both). When's the last time that happened to your characters?
The naming tables have a table format that is an aide for the GM (PCs should choose, not roll) and since not all real nicknames are nice, the tables list some cruel nicknames (and you certainly don't have to use nicknames unless you want to).