From the publisher's website...
MY KUNG FU CAN BEAT YOUR KUNG FU
The latest in the Hero Games line of genre books, Ninja Hero discusses and describes the martial arts genre for gaming, and shows how to create characters, campaigns, wondrous weapons, and other elements of martial arts films using the HERO System rules.
- a complete review of the martial arts genre and its five subgenres - Realistic, Cinetmatic, Wuxia, Video Games, and Anime - with guidelines and suggestions for simulating each part of the genres using the HERO System.
- an extensive section on creating martial arts characters using the HERO System, including Package Deals for major character archetypes such as the Samurai or Chinese Knight-Errant.
- suggested rules additions and variations for simulating marial combat in the various subgenres.
- comprehensive chapter on gamemastering martial arts games.
- a detailed sourcebook including maps, five sample campaigns, nearly two dozens characters for the various subgenres, sample magic weapons, and plot seeds.
Whatever the type of martial arts action you prefer, Ninja Hero helps you simulate it in your games!
Ninja Hero is usable as a stand-alone product, but does not include the HERO System rules, only discussions of how to apply those rules. For the rules themselves, you’ll need the HERO System 5th Edition core rulebook.