A character is more than their role and specialty in combat. Beyond the dungeon they have whole lives, skills, abilities and professions that speak to their history and who they were (and are) when not adventuring. Not every ranger need be the same wilderness stalker!
Allow those abilities to shine in this 4E supplement that provides a wealth of character options and expanded RP opportunities for players and DMs alike. Inside you'll find rules on "Trade Skills," a broad expertise that each player chooses to expand their breadth of abilities outside the rigid world of encounters including Crafting, Farming, Influence, Soldiering, Seafaring and more. Coupled with suggested backgrounds, Trades and Professions provides the game mechanics to support broader character development and player invention during an adventure, a skill challenge or in the everyday life between quests.
You will like playing with this product if...
- You miss the inclusion of the non-combat skills into the Player's Handbook
- You want your character to be more than even Utility Powers and Rituals can provide
- You yearn for more RP opportunity
- You want to differentiate between a military archer and the wilderness warrior yet both using the same character class
- You are looking for additional rules support that is built upon the systems already in the game for easy integration
- You want a product that provides support for the Character Builder
Included in the purchased file are the full Trade Skill rules and description of the 10 trade skills, a printer-friendly version, power cards for each trade skill as well as ten Character Builder files that have the trade skill incorporated and ready to go.