From publisher blurb:
Imagine what would happen if a fantasy world of dragons, elves, and fairies suddenly appeared in our real world. How would humanity truly respond? This is not some stylized view of Earth like Harry Potter, or a fictionalized world like Middle Earth. This is our real world (with you, your family, Tolkein, and D&D) with all the problems both social and political intact.
How would religions like Christianity and Islam respond given such massive doubts to their dogma? Would we welcome the world of fantasy or would we fear their very presence? Now, on top of this dilemma, what if their magic disrupted our world of technology. Their very presence and the spells they flaunt shorts out our cars and computers. Would you embrace a world of wizardry and wonders in exchange for air conditioning, Internet, and cable TV? Would you fear or hate those that could harness such power? Would you hide in cities of pipe and steel, lights and heat, or venture in a landscape of goblins, dragons, swords, and sorcery?
Amethyst poses these questions, attempts to present situations where they are tested, and dares to explain how a fantasy world would actually interact with the real world.
- 9 player races with 4 optional DM races.
- Original D&D classes are maintained but modified and enhanced with 31 different subclasses.
- 8 new "techan" classes where players can wield firearms and drive all-terrain vehicles.
- 13 new prestige classes.
- Over 20 new fantasy weapons. Over 90 techan weapons from revolvers to particle cannons.
- Over 30 vehicles, both ground and air.
- Revised spell lists including new "Foundation Spells."
- Over 80 pages of setting detail.
- Revised monster entries for demons, dragons, and every creature of fantasy one could think of.