Nameless Streets is a game of mysteries and the paranormal beings who investigate them. Powered by the flexible and dynamic HeroQuest game system, players take on such roles as a famous vampire detective, his werewolf muscle, and the necromancer who helps to solve murders. Set amidst the narrow, rain-soaked streets of Portland, Oregon, Nameless Streets handles classic mysteries, like the Locked Room, and more esoteric struggles with equal ease. You might locate a missing person one week, and get caught in the crossfire between warring sorcerer guilds the next.
Inside this book, you will find:
- Optional HeroQuest rules in which characters' baser natures might get the better of them.
- Full Keywords for a wide variety of supernatural creature types, from human magicians, to vampires and werewolves, all the way to lamia and djinn.
- Five different magical traditions, including Witchcraft, Necromancy, and the explosive art of Wizardry.
- A selection of pre-configured mystery scenarios, suitable for an evening's play, as well as a longer-term mystery that will span several sessions. When you've gone through these, use the tools provided to make your own mysteries.
- A description of Portland, The Rose City, including famous landmarks and a selection of characters and organizations to work for, or against.
Solve crimes with a werewolf's sense of smell and sharp claws, a wizard's spell-casting ability, or a vampire's "interviewing" skills. Make a name for yourself in Portland's underground, or bribe your way into the halls of power. Always remember that no matter what you achieve, there is someone (or something) who wants to take it from you!