From publisher blurb:
TACTICAL IMPLANT: The Definitive D20 Guide to Cyberpunk Combat Options is a 27-page resource that details a set of options you can use to customize Modern SRD and Future SRD campaigns. All of these optional rules are about one thing: Combat!
Here's what you get:
- Variant Fighting Classes:Using the examples of the Soldier and Bodyguard, we demonstrate how to tweak standard Advanced Classes to serve a cyberpunk-genre campaign
- Nonlethal Damage: Standard rules for nonlethal damage don't always match the genre's penchant for martial arts action and noirish knockouts. We present a simple revamp of the Modern SRD's rules for nonlethal damage that finally allows low level, unskilled combatants a chance to take each other out.
- Scenario Training: Train your character the way professionals do:for the mission. Use scenario training to prepare for your specific encounters.
- Ablative Morale: For a grittier edge, use ablative morale to measure how much violence your character can take before he psychologically shuts down or flees -- or until another character talks him back from the edge of despair. Two new talent trees give Charismatic and Dedicated heroes an edge under this system. New Feats toughen your character's mind, let him inspire an entire squad, or even design a meme to influence millions.
- Cyborgs in Combat: Metal and flesh collide in new rules that discuss how cybernetics influence grappling, defense, speed and power. Two new talent trees give Strong and Fast cyborgs the ability to hit harder with artificial hands or evade gunfire with enhanced reflexes.
- Weapon Mods & Gadgets: New gadgets and after-market alterations let you customize your weapons and ammo. Carry nanite payloads, give a blade a fractal edge, or make the whole sword out of wickedly sharp, retractable wire.
- Combat Frames: If you'd rather be stronger without losing an arm and a leg, use a combat frame's exoskeleton to enhance a single limb, or piece them together into a suit of powered armor. Improve your purchase with gadgets like extra armor and defensive nanotechnology.
- Combat Nanotechnology: New invisible threats enter the field. Use gray goo, tracers and binders to attack enemies, or employ defensive nanites to keep these microscopic machines at bay. See how nanites move and threaten the battle map and how characters hack nanotech design to create their own nanotech weapons.