From publisher blurb:
The Animal Archives series takes real world animal from past and presents them with full stats, an accurate illustration, notes on combat and tactics, useful information for players, and even a bit about the animal in the real world. The first product in the series, Prehistoric Animals I, highlights prehistoric animals found primarily in North America.
Animal Archives: Prehistoric Animals I contains 23 pages of OGL material, which includes:
- Aepycamelus – the giant camel of the Miocene.
- Amebelodon – the shovel-tusked relative of the elephant from the Miocene and Pliocene.
- Hollowtusk – a skeletal amebelodon that guards an ancient bone bed.
- Arctodus – the giant short-faced bear of the Pleistocene.
- Primordial Guardian – an advanced celestial arctodus tasked with guarding the forests of the upper planes.
- Brontotherium – the massive rhino-like herbivore from the Eocene.
- Thunderhorn – A massive elder brontotherium protecting a huge swath of primeval forest.
- Dinohyus – the infamous “terrible pig” of the Miocene.
- Dunkleosteus – the gigantic armored fish of the Devonian.
- Abyssal Leviathan - a massive demon-tainted dunkleosteus that is the undisputed master of the Abyssal seas.
- Hyaenodon – the powerful wolf-like predators of the Paleocene and Oligocene.
- Old Gnawfang – an awakened hyaenodon with an evil disposition and a hunger for the flesh of sentient creatures.
- Presbyornis – an early waterfowl from the Eocene.
- Ptilodus – a tiny squirrel-like animal from the Paleocene.
- Expanded information for players, including information on animal companions, familiars, and mounts.
- A summon nature’s ally and summon monster appendix, complete with stat blocks for fiendish and celestial versions of many animals.
- Real world information on each animal.