From publisher blurb:
The next installment of the Prehistoric Animals line present five new beasts to add to your OGL game. Each animal in this series existed on our planet in the distant past, and is presented with full stats, an accurate illustration, notes on combat and tactics, useful information for players, and even a bit about the animal in the real world.
The five animals presented in this product take you back to the murky past of the Cambrian Period, up through the dinosaur-ruled Mesozoic, and into the Age of Mammals. Each animal can serve as a potent adversary, or even a faithful animal companion, mount, or familiar.
So add a bit of the primeval to your campaign with Blackdirge Publishing and Animal Archives: Prehistoric Animals.
Animal Archives: Prehistoric Animals II contains 21 pages of OGL material, which includes:
- Andrewsarchus – the largest mammalian carnivore ever.
- Ice Prowler – a far northern cousin of the andrewsarchus with an icy disposition.
- Anomolocaris – a bizarre creature from the ancient Cambrian Period, and the world’s first super-predator.
- Gastornis – a Medium-sized terror bird with a savage kick.
- Avernian Devil Bird – two-headed avian horrors native to Hell’s first layer.
- Hesperornis – a weird flightless, aquatic bird with a toothed beak.
- Rhamphorhynchus – a tiny pterosaur, and an intriguing option for a unique familiar.
- Expanded information for players, including information on animal companions, familiars, and mounts.
- A summon nature’s ally and summon monster appendix, complete with stat blocks for fiendish and celestial version of all animals presented in the product.
- Real world information on each animal.
- A reprint of the two templates used in the product: abominable and many-headed.