From publisher blurb:
The death of a character. These words strike dread into players and DMs alike. At best, the party has a cleric with raise dead prepared, and the game can continue. At worst, the player is sidelined for the rest of the adventure, until the party can return to town. But what if there were some way to keep the character in the game and the player involved? What if... she became a ghost?
The problem, of course, is that the ghost template grants a sudden and major increase in ability. Pretty quickly, everyone will want to be one. And what if they decide that they'd rather remain ghosts? Where do they go from there?
Introducing Shroud of the Aether. Undeath, with class!
A casualty class is like a prestige class, in that you must meet certain requirements before you can take a level in one. In this case, the prime requirement is that your character is dead. Snuffed out, answered the final summons, shuffled off this mortal coil, crossed over, and joined the choir invisible. But you have plans other than resting in peace...
Casualty classes allow your character to continue on, whether in a new, permanent state of existence or just until they?re magically raised or reincarnated. They combine the features and abilities of an undead template with hit dice and attack and save bonus progression to make those abilities effectively available, in part or in whole, to any character or creature.
Shroud of the Aether includes...
- The ghost casualty class.
- Twelve general ghost feats, from Corpse Candle to Written in Blood.
- Thirteen feats in Chains of the Aether, from Apport to Swift Manifestation.
- Eight feats in Chains of the Banshee, from Banshee Keen to Haunting Moan.
- Sixteen feats in Chains of the Coil, from Animate Weapon to Violent Telekinesis.
- Twelve feats in Chains of Corruption, from Corrupting Form to Withering Touch.
- Nine feats in Chains of Dread, from Baneful Aura to Widen Dread.
- Eleven feats in Chains of Malevolence, from Chronic Malevolence to Remote Malevolence.
- Four-page glossary of relevant information from the SRD for easy reference.