From publisher blurb:
Magic - the dream of doing the impossible - lies at the heart of all fantasy.
Magical artifacts and powers have fueled millennia of tales. They have been told in temples and igloos, longhouses and theaters, in the deep caverns of the earth and beneath the wheeling stars. Across the ages have come the legends of their making, their discovery, and their use.
We’re mostly concerned with making them.
The Practical Enchanter is a complete guidebook to magical items and personal powers. Within its 240 pages you’ll find:
- Template Spells - covering every magical function and millions of individual spells (we gave up on trying to calculate how many after the Enhance Attribute template went past a million variants all by itself).
- Heartstones - the enchantments at the core of both major and minor mystical orders. Will you found your own magical group, join an established one, or go your own way?
- Wards Major - the powers and creation of enchanted buildings, castles, and lands!
- Creating, modifying, and buying off precise ECL Adjustments and Templates.
- Full rules for Curses, Summoning, Channeling Spirits, and Feat-Granting spells and devices.
- Runic Inscriptions and Ritual Magic.
- A broad selection of Charms and Talismans - new magic item types guaranteed not to wreck your game!
- Rules for Superheroes, Cybertechnology, Mecha and Powered Armor.
- Living in a Magical World - your guide to noncombative magic and fantasy life.
- 42 new mystical Feats with dozens of advanced options.
- Talents and Wealth Level Templates - an option for taking the magic out of your collection of items and putting it back into your character!
- Black Magic Charms and Talismans - for when you need a plot device right now.
- Expanded Enchantment and Research Tables, allowing for the inclusion of mystic quests, exotic ingredients, and many new options and functions for your spells and magical items!
- Complete rules for creating or customizing your own Constructs and Golems.
- Advanced rules for Sacred and Profane bonuses and new Turning options.
- How to create your own Extradimensional Realms.
- New items, procedures, class variants, city rules, and character conversion rules. Where does all the money spent on making items go anyway?
- Practical commentary and observations from our consultants - Lute, Grod, Commander Varsin, Guildmage Xanos, and Guard Commander Elidon.