From publisher blurb:
Magic is an ancient art with traditions that stretch back millennia, but modern spellcasters don't have to wear burlap robes, speak Latin, and practice antediluvian rituals. Magic has come to the streets and neither will ever be the same again.
This modern d20 System supplement brings magic and spellcasting into the 21st century. Today's mages, witches, and conjurers may start with traditional potions and spells, but they also bring it to the cutting edge, and they aren't the only ones. Corporations, researchers, and even the military are using magic to give them an edge over their competitors.
Modern Magic, Volume One includes:
- New spells created with a modern perspective, such as manual-focus binoculars and universal remote.
- New magic items the combine cutting edge technology with arcane powers, such as breath mints of smooth talking and hand buzzer of voltage.
- Expanded rules for ritual magic.
- New classes for spellcasting heroes, including the Ritualist and the Arcane Spec-Op.
- New feats and metamagic feats to help spellcasters refine their powers.
Modern Magic, Volume One is the first in a two-volume series aimed designed to bring a fresh, contemporary feel to the magic and spellcasting in your modern d20 System game.