A sourcebook for Rifts, Phase World, the Three Galaxies, Heroes Unlimited RPG and the Palladium Fantasy RPG
The Book of Heroes is an ancient magic tome that empowers those with the potential for greatness. (Your player character?) In times of fear and darkness the Book is said to appear to make sure the forces of evil don't get the upper hand. The Minion War is such a dark time, as the forces of Hell ripple across the Megaverse, bringing death and destruction. Are the legends true? Is there a magic book that inspires and empowers new heroes to rise up and make a difference when they are needed most?
Heroes of the Megaverse presents the Book of Heroes, its powers and influence. It also lists the names of 2,000 of the greatest champions the Megaverse has ever known and offers rules for turning them into legendary Heroes of the Megaverse. This magic artifact is said to be a hero maker, able to find beings with the spirit of a hero and bestow upon them incredible power to do battle against evil. Only one copy of the book is known to exist, and everyone wants to get their hands on it - good guys and bad (demons, Deevils, the Splugorth, the Dominators, the Kreeghor, etc.). According to legend, he who controls the Book of Heroes and wields the "Power of the Two Thousand" can rule the universe. The book has been missing for millennia. No one knows its fate or the true power contained within its List of Heroes. No one except YOU - the current keepers of this legendary Rune book.
- The legend and magic of the Book of Heroes.
- The powers of the book itself.
- The ability to empower and turn worthy heroes into superhumans.
- 101 detailed super abilities (not reprints from other books).
- Hero Avatars, Hero Mentors, and their powers.
- Quick roll creation tables and ways to turn the 2,000 named in the book into Heroes of the Megaverse for your campaigns.
- Why the book must never fall into the hands of any Lord of Hell.
- Nearly a dozen NPC heroes and surprises.
- For use with Rifts and Phase World/The Three Galaxies, as well as Heroes Unlimited, Palladium Fantasy RPG and other S.D.C. settings. Includes stats and conversions for M.D. and S.D.C. settings.
- Contains the names of nearly 2,000 real life gamers who purchased the special print during Palladium's Crisis of Treachery (and other heroes).