From publisher blurb:
For years the Bard has been that core class that no one wants to play. Limited spell casting abilities, terrible fighting capabilities, and a list of Bardic songs that even Paula Abdule would not like. Time to change it all with our new book: UNORTHODOX BARDS!
This 45 page pdf contains 5 New Bard classes for you to use in any d20 fantasy world. Each Class comes as a full 20-level write-up that will give you a new respect for the Bard (each one comes with a detailed background, new abilities, and new progression charts). That's not all though -- included in this book are 2 new Bard Prestige Classes, and over a dozen artifacts for your d20 fantasy campaign. Cover your ears Simon Cowell, because these Bards are going to take you for a wild ride!
This book details contains the following:
- The Minstrel - With their Enchanted Instrument in hand, they can create over a dozen spell-like effects with just a song. This is in addition to their normal Bardic Music!
- The Skald - With their magical abilities at hand, they can inscribe runes onto objects and people for different magical effects.
- The Soothsayer - Fortunetellers, tarot readers, and diviners -- the Soothsayer is known by a number of names.
- The Spellsinger - Many sages theorize that the true language of magic is music. Certain races such as the elves also believe in the link and have used the power of music for centuries in their most potent magic. A few very talented musicians have dedicated their lives to studying the link between music and magic -- the Spellsinger is such an individual.
- The Troubad’war - A Troubad’war is the ultimate contradiction to himself, often referring to himself as a lover and a fighter. While some Troubad’wars fight for the purity of love or to prove their worth to a damsel they are eager to impress, there are those that have also loved and lost. These Troubad’wars know there is a dark side to love and use their abilities to gain vengeance against whatever has caused them to lose their loves, or maybe they are just itching for a good fight.
- The Muse (Prestige class) - The Muse is a Bard who specializes in enhancing the abilities in others, for good or bad. He does this through his Bardic Music, with songs passed down by the Bards of old. The Muse’s greatest strength is the ability to Inspire others; but unlike the common Bard, the Muse’s music is far more potent.
- The Protectorate (Prestige class) - The Protectorate is a Bard who specializes in aiding his allies in time of need. He does this by learning powerful Bardic Songs that have been passed down from the heavens.
- Baubles and Urus of Ancient Power (Artifacts) - 15 artifact items that can be infused into your existing items for devestating effects!
- Johansson’s Song (Artifacts) - This artifact set consists of an Amulet, Cape, and Ring. Each one has fantastic powers, but as the set becomes more complete, the wearer gains even more powers. But the true powers and abilities only surface if the wearer is a Bard!