From the back of the book:
Black Devils Brigade is the first full-length adventure campaign for Godlike: Superhero Roleplaying in a World on Fire, the critically acclaimed game of superheroic courage in World War 2. It lets your players become the Americans and Canadians who made up one of the deadliest outfits in the Allied armies, the First Special Service Force--the Black Devils Brigade.
The men of the FSSF earned their nickname in the battle for Italy. For every Forceman killed they slaughtered 25 enemy soldiers. For every Forceman captured they took 2,035 prisoners. Their silent nighttime raids left only enemy corpses behind--corpses and a mocking sticker that declared, "The worst is yet to come." German soldiers called them the Black Devils.
Black Devils Brigade includes:
- Character creation guidelines that reflect the unique background and training of the FSSF, and eight pregenerated characters ready for play.
- New rules for esprit de corps, a special kind of character motivation stemming from the Forcemen's deep camaraderie and shared history.
- New skills to flesh out noncombat challenges--Bureaucracy, Carousing, Family and Foraging--that can improve characters' lot during the war.
- Rules for sneak attacks, silent death, artillery bombardment and minefields.
- "One Roll Patrols" to detail an instant mission with one roll of the dice.
- FUBAR! Rules to feature the bizarre, unpredictable mishaps of battle.
- Enough adventures for months of thrilling gaming, from the carnage of Anzio to the streets of Rome itself!
These are the killing fields of the Italian campaign. It's time to create your legend.