Vanilla ORC is the basic ruleset which all Vajra RPGs are based on. It is made up of two parts:
Chapter One is the basic character creation system. Each RPG that uses ORC will have its own character classes, skills, equipment, advantages and disadvantages.
Chapter Two is the Organic Rule Components rules of play. ORC was designed specifically:
- To have every rule work from the same basic mechanic.
- For dramatic, character-centered, ultra-realistic play.
- To allow character classes that are realistically flexible.
- To allow scaled complexity (so if a PC wants to cook something it takes a simple roll, but if a PC is hacking a computer he or she has several strategies and possible modifiers).
- To have combat be realistically lethal and give players many real-life strategies.
For a more playable version of the ORC rules, see Modern-ORC, the ORC rules plus modern world careers, skills, equipment and bonus characteristics.