Modern-ORC is made up of two parts:
Chapter One is the modern-world skills, careers, equipment, advantages and disadvantages found in In Dark Alleys minus all the supernatural-stuff. In other words, it’s all the stuff one would need to play a mundane, real-world, modern-day ORC game.
Chapter Two is Organic Rule Components, the ruleset found in all Vajra Enterprises Role Playing Games, including Fates Worse Than Death, Tibet: The Roleplaying Game and In Dark Alleys. ORC was designed specifically:
- To have every rule work from the same basic mechanic.
- For dramatic, character-centered, ultra-realistic play.
- To allow character classes that are realistically flexible.
- To allow scaled complexity (so if a PC wants to cook something it takes a simple roll, but if a PC is hacking a computer he or she has several strategies and possible modifiers).
- To have combat be realistically lethal and give players many real-life strategies.