(from the back of the book)
"There are things in this world that do not belong here - evil things. Supernatural creatures that are neither myth nor legend. They are, in fact, quite real. These Enemies of Humanity would like to claim the world for themselves. Yet, in every corner of the globe, there are those who stand in their way - mystical guardians who protect the primeval essence of the Earth. The soul of England - its mystic spirit - is called Albion. Throughout the centuries it has had many champions - brave men and women who fought to maintain our freedom. For many decades, one man kept Albion's enemies at bay. Using magic and intelligence, Ludlow Swift protected England from the encroaching darkness. But change is in the air --"
- From the Journal of Tamara Swift, Protector of Albion
Set in London at the dawn of the Victorian age, players join in the fight to keep the ever-present forces of evil at bay. Whether fighting a demon prince or even a band of infant stealing faeries, the battle wages on. Characters can join the fight as normal humans, ghosts, mysterious faeries or even wield the wild magic of the Protectors themselves. All against a backdrop of Victorian England with a dark supernatural undercurrent.
Based on Amber Benson and Christopher Golden's wildly popular BBCi drama "Ghosts of Albion" and includes new material from the creators themselves, featuring new fiction and a complete, ready to run adventure.
The Ghosts of Albion RPG features the Eden "Cinematic Unisystem" game system, designed by award winning game designer C.J. Carella, and written by Timothy S. Brannan.
Ghosts of Albion is a complete roleplaying game.
In it, you will find:
- New rules designed to fit the grittier Victorian age, but still compatible with other Cinematic Unisystem games from Eden Studios.
- Rules for playing everything from a street-side flower salesgirl to ancient ghosts, and inhuman faeries all united for the cause of Humanity and Albion.
- Expanded rules on playing Faerie, Ghost and Vampire characters.
- Full character write-ups for William and Tamara Swift, their ghostly cohorts and the various vampires, ferals, ethereals and demons that stalk the night.
- Expanded magical rules for magical combat and battles.