From publisher blurb:
The classic StarCluster 2E, revised in 2004 from the first edition of 2002, is now free for download, due to the release of In Harm's Way: StarCluster, which is interoperable with this game. StarCluster 2E presents the civilian side of In Harm's Way: StarCluster's military Science Fiction gaming, and can be used on it's own or as a resource for IHWSC.
StarCluster is a SF RPG set in a remote cluster. The Earth is gone, and the people of earth have left in a great Diaspora, arriving here and settling many worlds. The players can create human, alien, hominid, robot, uplifted animal, cyborg, or android characters. Character advancement is by year, and skill sets are by job, allowing truly unique characters.
- You can switch seamlessly between Random and Directed chargen
- There are 2 sample starships and 4 sample vehicles
- There is a fully fleshed out sample star system, The Aztec System
- All schools, colleges, and professions have been changed and simplified
- Starship combat system and a vehicle combat system