From publisher blurb:
Are you ready to Come Aboard?
Haunted by ghost ships, fraught with dangerous storms, and beset upon by pirates and monsters alike, the high seas promise debonair adventure and bloodthirsty terror to those bold enough to set sail upon them. Whether you become a suave buccaneer, cruel pirate or brash navy officer struggling to end the pirate threat, you now have the skills, the knowledge and the equipment to begin your journey!
SALT & SEA DOGS is loaded with 144 pages of D&D (3.5 Edition) material, including:
- All New Prestige Classes! Become a combat marine, master navigator, pirate hunter, pirate lord, privateer or ship magus.
- New Feats! Learn how to master classic swashbuckling tricks.
- Complete Ship Building System! By using ship types (galley, keelboat, longship, etc) as a base, easily construct ships ranging from the smallest rowboat to the largest galley, while new ship weapons, accessories and augmentations allow you to quickly build sleek warships, heavy cargo ships and much more.
- New Equipment and Magic Items! These sections contain normal and magic weapons, tools, armor and shields, and more.
- New Ships and Ship Templates! Here are 18 varieties of pre-constructed ships, along with 10 ship templates to easily adapt to your own vessel.
- Detailed Spell Chapter! Learn over 20 new spells, and discover new uses for existing spells.
- Easy-To-Use Naval Combat and Extensive Weather Hazard Sections! Whether facing a fleet of warships or battling a tropical storm, these chapters give you all the information you need on the rigors of life at sea.
- The Seafarers of Tellene! Read about the organizations, government and history of the pirates of Reanaaria Bay, or travel west to learn about the cruel, vicious sea dogs of the Windy Straits. Learn about the city of Aasaer, seven new pirate towns and even an underwater merfolk city.
- Backwards Compatible! Along with the new material, this book also includes detailed ideas on how to utilize existing information (races, classes, monsters, skills, spells, etc) in your campaign.
- Adventure Hooks, Campaign Ideas and Much More!