Qualification Highlights for Nikki Vrtis
- Over two decades of publishing experience with a variety of subjects and forms, such as general interest, religion, fiction, educational texts, games, magazines, newsletters, advertisements, catalogs, Web sites, and more.
- Publishing experience includes editing, indexing, proofreading, graphic design and layout, writing, research, copyfitting, style-guide creation, scanning, image manipulation, PDF creation and manipulation, and preparation of files for the printer.
- Own and proficient in various desktop publishing and word processing programs, including InDesign, QuarkXpress, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, and others.
- Trained and supervised individuals on staff or as free-lancers at five companies.
- Experienced working as a free-lancer and in an office.
- Bachelor of Arts in English/Creative Writing and Natural Science, plus continuing education courses in graphic design software and technical writing.
- University presses, trade publishers, religious presses, game manufacturers, and many others—including John Wiley and Sons, Johns Hopkins University Press, Cambridge University Press, and Steve Jackson Games—have benefited from my experience.