The annual game design contest runs for nine days. Entries must utilize four "ingredients" to design one complete, playable game, over the span of nine days. For 2016, the competition had the theme of Technology and the ingredients of alarm, dance, sketch, and sunlight. There were 93 accepted submissions for the English-language portion of the competition.
Some of the games submitted to the competition are not roleplaying games and will not be listed in RPGGeek. These submissions include:
- DiscoBots by Alan Castree (board game)
- Noviy Sovetsky Chelovek by Calvin Hamilton (card game)
- Sands Robot by Adam Hickerson (card game)
- Solar Wings by Encho Chagas (board game)
- Welcome to Clockerton by Flip Velez (card game)