Age of Sigmar is set in the Mortal Realms, a system of eight interconnected realms spawned from the Winds of Magic. The second edition brought with it rules for each of the realms, adding spells, artifacts, and realm characteristics.
- Azyr, the Realm of the Heavens is the only realm untouched by Chaos. It is ruled over by Sigmar, and is home to the Stormcast Eternals as well as a diverse population of humans, aelves, duardin, and other races.
- Aqshy, the Realm of Fire is dominated by volcanoes, deserts, and lava fields. It is home to the Fyreslayers. It had a significant Khorne presence before the arrival of the Stormcast.
- Ghur, the Realm of Beasts is the de facto kingdom of Gorkamorka. Orruks and ogors rule over a land of titanic beasts.
- Ghyran, the Realm of Life is distinguished by its extreme fecundity. It is claimed by Alarielle, goddess of the Sylvaneth. It was the focus of Nurgle's attentions before the resurgence of Alarielle.
- Chamon, the Realm of Metal is composed of metal-based continents and the floating citadels of the Kharadron. It is particularly coveted by Tzeentch.
- Shyish, the Realm of Death is under the uncontested domain of Nagash. Vampires, ghouls, undead, and nighthaunt all are found here.
- Hysh, the Realm of Light is the domain of Tyrion. It is the "sun" of the Realms.
- Ulgu, the Realm of Shadow was claimed by Malerion and Morathi. It is a land of shifting illusions and impenetrable fog.
In addition to the eight Realms, the Realm of Chaos permeates the void between the Realms and is home to the Gods of Chaos. Of the original four Chaos Gods, Slaanesh is currently missing, imprisoned between the realms of Hysh and Ulgu. The Horned Rat has ascended to the pantheon of Chaos and is now the Great Horned Rat.
Source: Wikipedia From Wikipedia
available under the CC-BY-SA License.