Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
431 Posts
[1]  Prev «  12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16  Next »  [18] | 

Eternal Lies» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eternal Lies Campaign. Act I [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I don't have any other questions, but will hop in if anyone else has things to add.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
No further questions? I will move us out and onwards tomorrow.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
After talking to Yolanda (she didn't offer much new information), you step outside. While walking to the car Ernest notices a man in a car across the street watching you.

let's assume Ernest tells the others, so anyone can react while Aaron is away.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
We don't actually know where the farm is. Yolanda said something about the police investigating, so I bet we can get address from them. We have more pressing issues it seems now, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Alfred slaps Ernest on the back and laughs loudly saying something about the crazy dame around the corner. Then he whispers to him inconspicuously, Let's just get in the car. Make it seem as if you don't think anything of it. I'd really prefer to not get my nose smashed in again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The location of the farm is in the police report. It is getting dark, so it is either night time investigation, or back to the hotel.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Oh, you're right! I forgot that Dorothy got that report already. I say, back to hotel, barring nothing crazy happens with the spook following us. Then check farm tomorrow. We still need to look into Trammel, but that can wait I think until after the farm.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorothy votes for checking out the farm tonight so as to not give these suspicious fellows any more time to clean up what might be there.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
...sooner than you think...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing to fear from the things that go bump in the night, I agree with Dorothy.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
You're, um, probably right. Let's go then.

Alfred pulls the flask from his jacket and takes a swig.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Evening has become night when you reach the address of the farm. You quickly see that this is an area under development. There are some farms nearby, but also construction sites. Houses are built on parcels adjacent to the farm, but nothing on that parcel itself.

The farm itself constitutes two structures, both burnt down.



3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Alfred pokes around the remains of the two burnt-down buildings.

I doubt we will find any substantial evidence so many years later. I wonder where they did the summoning?


One building is barn, right? And the other is a house maybe? I want to see if I can find any evidence of occult or the summoning around these buildings.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Alfred is correct, a house and a barn. The ground around the buildings seems unusually blighted. No grass grows anywhere. Other than that, no signs of a ritual.

While Alfred is looking around the ruined buildings, he can suddenly hear a hiss, and he suddenly feels a pain in his hand. Looking around he can see a feral cat, it has jumped up and bitten him. The cat growls at Alfred, raising his back and revealing a maw with yellow and crocked teeth.

One point of health lost.




Nearby the other investigators can hear Alfred's yelp. At the same time they can hear a car honk behind them, its lights come on, blinding you. You hear a man's voice, "Could one of you please move your car, it is in my way. You picked a damn-foolish place to park it."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
...sooner than you think...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Feral cats, blighted ground, and impatient strangers, of my!

I slowly light my pipe and take a few puffs while basking in the illuminated brilliance of the car lights.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
Avatar
mb
Casting a sidelong glance at the car, Evelyn focuses on something she understands and walks over to Alfred.

"Here, let me see that hand. Feral cats have all kinds of nastiness that we need to be careful of."

She examines Alfred's wound and looks for anything that appears out of the ordinary. At least... out of the ordinary for a feral cat bite received at a burned out farm.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorothy, afraid of what this person might be, gets in the car and backs it up, but doesn't get out so that she could ram the person if he turns out to be dangerous.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I was assuming that everyone was outside the car. Was Dorothy in the car the whole time at the farm.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Shaking his hand after Evelyn has a look at it, If those teeth are an indicator, this wound isn't going to look so great by tomorrow!

At the honking, Alfred waves down the man.

I'm sorry sir, she'll move it for you. You wouldn't happen to know the owner of this place would you? Or know of what happened when it all got burnt down?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I am going to wait a bit and see what Jason answers.

Alfred's wound looks normal, a regular cat bite.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was assuming I was out of the car, but that the guy honking at us wasgiving enough time for us to get in the car and move it. If he tried tp shoot me or something as I headed towards the car then feel free.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Thanks Jason. Since this is a pbf, we sometimes have to assume a bit about each others actions and intents. So far it has worked very well.

As Dorothy gets close to her car, she can see someone step out of the honking car. The bright lights makes it hard to make anything out except for the silhoutte. As the figure gets closer, she can see it is pointing its left hand at her, but is using its hat it its right hand to cover what that is.

The man's voice from before speaks, "So, little missy. What the f*** are you doing out here in Los Angeles? Perhaps you should go back home! Or do I have to put a hole in ya, to persuade your friends to go?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Putting his hand on his pistol and pulling back the hammer, Alfred stops mid sentence and shouts at the man.

Trust me buster, you are going to want to beat it. Our detective friends from the local precinct will be here any moment!

Any visible weapons on him?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I am thinking Alfred and Evelyn is still a bit away. He can walk back, but Dorothy should react first. OK?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, why would he cover up his gun with a hat like that at an abandoned field. I'm willing to bet he doesn't have a gun.

As Dorothy doesn't have a gun she is going to make a mad dash towards the car, so as to ram this guy.

if I need to make a roll; fleeing, 2 points: 1d6+2 = (3) + 2 = 5
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 541200. merashin
  • 1d6+2 =
  • (3) + 2 =
  • 5
  • Thu May 1, 2014 6:27 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Give me a drive roll too.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
...sooner than you think...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe I will slowly back away (walking backwards and to the side) trying to get out of the illuminated area.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16  Next »  [18] |