Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It's a blank slate for you Karl. Use these interactions as befits the story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not going to end well as I don't have drive. 1d6 = (5) = 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 541675. merashin
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • Fri May 2, 2014 6:31 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
As Dorothy starts to run, the man drops his hat, revealing a blackjack. He now reaches for his real gun, inside his jacket. Dorothy gets inside the car, not really knowing how to drive, she throws it in reverse and hits the throttle.

The man just manages to get his gun out when the car hits him. He is thrown back unto his own car, which Dorothy crashes into a moment later.

Alfred and Evelyn should be back on the scene now, plenty of noise to alert them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Is the man crushed between the two cars now? Or lying inert nearby on the ground?

Seeing the man reach for his gun, Alfred draws his own and rushes in the direction of the cars.

Looking to subdue the man, or interrogate him quickly if he seems likely to die on us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Inert on the ground. The gun some feet away. He is slowly getting up. So he isn't dying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
...sooner than you think...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is getting real, no wild imaginations at play here!

I will take out my pipe (and light it), continue to avoid being illuminated, and approach the scene of the automobile debacle.

Maybe, just maybe I can question the man too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The man groans as he tries, and fails, to get on his feet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
Evelyn carefully moves up the man.

I'm not sure what happened, but I still need to ensure that he is okay.

Assuming that nothing immediately appears amiss about the man...

She feels carefully around his back to see if there is any significant damage done by the car.

"We better make sure is okay. The authorities will probably frown on a hit and run."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The man is groggy, but seems to have suffered no lasting harm. He pushes Evelyn away with what little strength he can muster, "Get away from me, you b-! Where's my gun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Alfred pushes the man back onto the ground, pulls his arms behind his back and sits on him.

I need something to restrain him with. Unless you want this maniac wielding a gun and shooting at us!

Then to the man:

Tell us everything you know about this place. The time for asking politely has ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorothy rummages through the car to see if she can find anything to tie him up with. If there's nothing then she'll head over to him, grab his gun, and point it at him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Whenever you wonder if you might have something, just roll preparedness, and I'll make the call.

"Let's just forget the whole thing, huh? Or, better, I'll give you 50% of my fee if you leave town."

He sees Dorothy walking over with a gun and rope, "You are not the kind of person to use that, hon."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Anyone who wants to get anything out of the guy needs to make a spend of some sort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Waiting for the questioning to continue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bewildered, Ernest, who had been puking in a ditch, arrives to the scene.

I really need to get my drinking under control...

W-What the Hell?! Another Cultist?

I don't think any of my abilities would be useful here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay pal, you threatened us, unsuccessfully I might add, so you owe us an explanation. Why are you impeding our endeavor? And, who sent you? I suggest you provide very specific answers or your minor injuries could easily take a turn mortal.

Interrogation spend and, if needed, an assess honesty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"All right! All right! There’s this guy, the Captain — Captain Walker, I don’t know what his name is other than that — who throws me some work from time to time. He hired me to run you guys out of town and find out what put you onto this old business. He said you were all book worms. Easy work, he said.

I don’t know why he wants to know, and I don’t care. He works for this big shot up in Pasadena, Trammel, so it’s probably his business. But like I said, I don’t know, and I don’t care."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Looks like your boss isn't so smart and was also not very good at his own research. We will leave town alright, and you'll get your money. Just tell us where your boss' place is up in Pasadena and we will get right out of your hair.

Bargain spend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
He provides you with an address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We should cut off his trigger finger, and maybe give it to his patron... Just kidding, let's go to Pasadena!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You leave the man behind, and travel to this Samson Trammel's address. It is not the first time you have heard the name mentioned. Olivia Clarendon mentioned him as being an important man even in '24.

The address leads you to a mansion. You arrive in the middle of the night It is large and airy, recently built with ample grounds. From what you can see from the road, there is a large main building, and a smaller carriage house. Most of the other buildings here are recently constructed mansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
"Based on our experience of approaching old buildings in the dark, we should be prepared for someone with a firearm."

Evelyn gets out of the car and carefully adjusts her dress.

"Ernest, I suggest you maintain a civil tongue, but be prepared to react to any hint of violence against us."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The unhinged archaeologist looks at Evelyn and nods shakily.

Maybe we should look for an alternative entrance - rather than the front door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You quickly scout the area, and find out that the mansion has 4 entrances. The main entrance in the front (1), a door in the back to the glass-covered conservatory (4), a patio on the back (2), and what looks like the servants' entrance (3).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't seem like the best idea to approach this place in the middle of the night. It indicates that we are up to no-good and destroys whatever legitimacy we still have. This was poorly planned, we should come back in the daylight like intelligent investigators.

I will remain with (not in) the car for the time being, keeping close watch on any reaction that may come from the mansion, carriage house, or the hitherto unseen dog kennel.

If I detect trouble heading toward you, my friends, I will sound the horn in the automobile. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17  Next »  [18] |