Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Are there any stairs going down, or are they all going up? If there is anything going down, Alfred will take those. If not, up he would go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The grand staircase in the lobby goes up. You haven't found any stairs going down, though because of the sound of servants working, you haven't been to the kitchen.

You go up the stairs.

The western end has a half-dozen small servants’ room with their attendant bathing facilities and household storage. 

There is a smaller dining room for private dinners and events.  Beyond that, a sumptuous sitting room and guest suite.

The eastern portion of the second storey comprises the master suite with its sitting room, bedroom, bathroom, and closet.

Beyond what you would expect to find, there is nothing here that interests you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Alfred makes his way back down to the kitchen and cautiously peeks his head in.

Beg your pardon, but I was wondering if Mr. Trammel is around?

Anything of interest in the kitchen? Do these stairs lead up or down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The stairs in the kitche lead up, you saw the top of them on the top floor.

There are three mexicans working in the kichen, they look slightly confused when they see Alfred, "I think he is out, or in the basement." an other shoots in, "I think he is writing in his study."

Alfred spends Reassurance, if you don't mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Totally fine. So no obvious way downstairs, but there is definitely a downstairs according to the servants.

Oh, right the basement. I'm sorry, I wasn't in the best state last I was here. How do I get down there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Another reassurance.

The servant sighs, and points to the wall behind him. Alfred sees that a door is hidden here. He saw a similar outline in the hall as well, but didn't realize it was a door untill now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Alfred looks to the others, then pushes against the wall and heads downstairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The cellar ismstocked with plenty of food and drink. Two doors lead out, one into a room filled with building materials. There is a door on the other side, but because of all the stored material, it would be very hard to get through it. the second door is wine cellar.

While in the wine cellar you can hear music, faintly. Looking around, you notice a secret door behind one of the racks of wine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
...sooner than you think...
mbmbmbmbmb
I will follow Alfred, I like his investigative style. Besides it seems like weird things are always happening in cellars, or at least that is my experience.

Lead on my good man!

I will try to stealthily approach the secret door and attempt to listen prior to taking a look within.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Pressing his ear against the door, Paul can hear music, and moaning. He slowly opens the door, and can see what he saw in the photos from the bank box, going on for real. An debauched orgy. There is strange music playing, egging everyone on. There is at least 30 people in the room.

Paul doesn't see it at first, but then he sees it in the back of the chamber. In the back wall is a giant mouth. Curled back lips expose pointed teeth and a disgusting, horrid throat. A long tongue is constantly moving in and out of the mouth, licking orgy-participants nearby. The mouth is constantly slobbering saliva. A guard stands there with a bucket, collecting as much as he can.

Paul is the only one who has seen this yet, he must roll stability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I wrote Otto in my previous post first, it should of course be Paul (Odko). Mistake corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my... all this debauchery is real? This can't be...

Stability roll 1d6 = (2) = 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 552286. ultramafic
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • roll
  • Sun Jun 1, 2014 11:06 am
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
That's a fail. I don't have with me the book, so I can't check how much he loses. Feel free to sct while you wait. Others can look or enter, but they would need to roll too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Stability 1d6 = (2) = 2

A sound escapes Paul's mouth as he looks inside.

Dear, God....What is it?

Alfred pulls out his camera pokes it into the room and snaps a picture. Then he pulls on Paul' arm.

Come on, let's beat it!

Photography spend.

I don't think we are equipped to do anything of real substance here. Probably safer to retreat back to a room to pore over books and that recording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 552432. samus98
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • Stability
  • Mon Jun 2, 2014 3:07 am
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing but stunned silence. Paul numbly follows Alfred, while he struggles with these latest revelations.

All the things I thought were the product of over-active imaginations actually exist... All my research has been for naught. There has to be a rational explanation for what I saw and heard. But how can I deny my own experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Alfred and Paul lose 6 stability each.

The maw opens wider, and drones out a long gutteral sentence, "Aach-Aach, neeko'oth caal baal nomori!"

Alfred and Paul push the other investigators infront of you until you are at the main floor library again. You have the testament, the record, and several other books that Dorothy put in her bag.

You have shut the door behind you, and now you hear voices from the hall you just departed, "The boss says there were people down in the basment. Spread out, they might still be here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Quick! Back out the same way we came in!

Alfred puts a quick hand on his pistol to insure it's still there then takes off running.

Running back to the car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You safely reach the car, but you see men over at the house pointing in your direction. You drive away as quickly as you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Back to safety and a quiet room, Alfred reads the Testament and listens to the recording...of course, not without a drink in hand. His hand noticeably quivers as he turns the pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Alfred must roll stability.

This is the diary of a crazy man. The writing and imagery is disgusting, and so is the body fluids crusting several of the pages, keeping them together. The book (more a large collection of disorganized papers) is called The Dripping Mouthes’ Emanates, and is written by Samuel Trammel.

It takes a tough toil on Alfred's mind going through it. He discovers many things though. It seems that the cult is the center of a world wide cult. There are many branches, and it all centers around the production and sale of a drug called Nectar. The most important information is as follows.

- Echavarria lied to his cult. He didn’t worship Gol-Goroth.
- The author believes that the cult really was worshiping an entity called the Black Man, a form of something called Nyarlathotep.
- There is someone called S.S. that lives in Bangkok. She seems to be an expert on the Mythos, and she discusses this with the Trammel. There is a return address to a house in Bangkok. The person in Bangkok invites Trammel to come and "fight in our rites", and is always requesting more information and books.
- A chapter in the testament is about increasing the Nectar production. This is done by doing depraved acts that pleases the "mouth" that makes the nectar. There is a record called "Daily production of Valletta (Malta) mouth", that shows how production spiked after a particular day. The person having researched this is called Montgomery Donovan.
- Finally, there is a draft of a chapter with contains correspondence from someone in Mexico City. It discusses songs the mouth can make. These letters uses letterheads from the Records, the same publisher as the record you found in the library. The letters are signed J.B. The final letters in the correspondence are more aggressive. J.B. stops discussing "the god", but talks about "your god" and "our god".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Stability 1d6 = (4) = 4

Intrigued by what he reads about J.B. in Mexico City, Alfred finds a way to play the record they found in Trammel's home. He then tries to convince the others that they should head to Mexico City next.

I've got nothing else to look for in LA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 554040. samus98
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • Stability
  • Thu Jun 5, 2014 8:26 pm
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul admires Alfred's investigative talents and agrees with the idea to visit Mexico City.

I'm not sure what to make of the things I saw in that cellar. I'm hoping more information will provide me with the knowledge I need to come up with a rational explanation for all we've seen, heard, and read about. Let's move on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul is feeling rather overwhelmed and he looks at his companions, and they look rather "beat-down" too.

Say, why don't we take some time off to rest, recuperate, and assimilate all that we've discovered. Then, possibly, we will be better prepared to continue our investigation. I, for one, would like to have a few days to make sense of my most recent revelations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
A few hours later you are on the plane again, back to the East coast. You have made no clear plan yet, but you are to meet again when you are all ready, and go to Mexico. The plane is silent, only the quiet droning of the enigne can be heard.

A post from each about what you are doing on the plane, and immidiatly after you land, and we'll wrap this up.

BTW, By reading the tome, Alfred droped down to Blasted, and lost another point of sanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul is rather quiet during the flight back to the east coast. Basically, he continues to try to come to terms with the events he witnessed in the cellar. Nothing makes sense, he is having a difficult time coming up with a rational explanation. Sleep is not even a possibility.

Upon arrival, he seeks out his mentor, Dr. Johns (his mentor and former professor of behavioral science during his days at university). Maybe Dr. Johns can help Paul through this crisis. Paul is careful to not divulge too much information about our overall goal.

Rest and rational conversation should help Paul immeasurably.

Can I recover stability by spending psychoanalysis points? The rate is one point of stability for one point of psychoanalysis spent.

Maybe it was all just a hallucination brought on by stress... But it seemed so real.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18  Next »  [18] |