Eternal Lies» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Eternal Lies Campaign. Act I [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew. Took me a little while, and some re-reading, to get an idea what to do for the puzzle

Ernest, hurrying inside, feels a sense of excitement to find out what's inside the contents of the box.

It is tempered by some anxiousness at the lidded-eye glyph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
...sooner than you think...
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul also strides away from the rain and watches as the contents of the box are investigated.

It seems a little too crowded, so I'll just stand over here out of the way.

Maybe I'll have some input...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Content of the letter:

Occult will tell you something about the glyph-decorated stone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ernest will spend a point of Occult

This seems like it could be a letter from Douglas to Walter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
"The poor dear. He seems to have been losing his grip on reality even at that time. Paul, in your practicing, have you encountered any similar cases to this?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, well I did treat Mr. Winston - but I cannot go into specifics. Except to say that I've learned more these past days than any amount of therapy brought out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It seems like 'E' could be either Echavarria or Edgar.

Alfred looks at his notepad studiously.

Unless there is another 'E' we don't, uh, know about.

Alfred opens the notebook and begins to examine it, passing the letter around to the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glancing up for just long enough to get some words out and then back down to her book whilst following everyone back into the house, Dorothy says.

"Ooo, what's that... looks like you guys might've found something... oh, hey, where's everyone going?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Ernest recognize the glyph as a warding device, possibly from the Aksum Empire. It is meant to block spying spells and mystical surveillance. The symbol is somewhat similar to some of those he saw in Joy Grove sanitarium.

Alfred studies the notebook. When he first opens it, he finds a safe deposit bok key tucked in the cover. Reading it, he sees it mostly deals with the investigation in '24, but offers little information outside what Douglas has already told you. It is written a mad short-hand and has a jumbled stream-of-consciousness style, constantly leaping through time and space.

It contains many scetches, over and over through the book. Images of figures dancing or writhing against huge, licking flames. It also includes various drawings of a multi-limbed headless form with arms or tentaces or legs ending in dripping mouths. Many illustrations depicts this form biting off heads or tearign human figures apart.

Alfred gets a point of Cthulhu Mythos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Delusions and the ravings of a mad man. Sadly all too common...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorothy moves up and peers over Alfred's shoulders.

"That, um...That's a very interesting design."

I would like to spend a point of occult for Dorothy looking at it as well. Mostly because it seems like the kind of thing she would know an inkling about and would want to know more about, but partially because I want her to have Cthulhu Mythos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Dorothy smells nice as she leans over Alfred's shoulder.

Unless you, um, ladies and gentlemen have any other business here I believe it is time we call our pilot and head to Long Beach.

I'm done here. Library Use in Long Beach would probably get us the address of the bank, if this is anything like CoC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
So, back to the airfield and fly to California? Dorothy can read the notebook in the car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Alfred broods and reflects on his journal over his glass of brandy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
oi oi oi. I am not done yet. You are still at the house. I just wanted to check if you wanted to leave. Nathan, switch your post to something more fitting, and I'll progress the story shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
You leave the estate, and drive back to town. In the back Dorothy is looking through the notebook. She is well-versed in the occult, but what she reads and learns make certain facts come into new light.

She gets Cthulhu Mythos 1, but also lose 1 sanity.

You are almost half way back when you see two cars driving towards you. Before you reach them, they stop, and one of the parks diagonally, partly blocking the road. As you get closer, it starts to blink its lights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Fixed!

Be ready for trouble, Alfred says under his breath as he pulls Colt Detective Special from his satchel.

He steps out of the door of the car, but keeps his body behind the door and he shouts, You saps better scram before we start throwing lead.

Alfred sizes up the men in the car, as well as counting them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
The doors of the cars open, and four men step out, Alfred sees that there is one left behind the wheel in both cars. The four men walk slowly towards your car, they all look muscular, like thugs. One is clearly their leader, he stretches his right arm as he walks closer. You also see that some of them are white and some are asian, and they all have black tatoos partly covered by their clothing.

Five meters away from your car, three of them stop, and put their hands inside their jacket, like they have a gun there. The leader looks at them as says, "Äi,Äi, raiä el'ale h'äie." He then walks towards Alfred, it looks like he wants to give him something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These delusions are getting out of hand. I really want to get to the bottom of this. Mass hysteria on such a slow time scale is unheard of - absolutely fascinating!

Paul remains in the vehicle and simply observes the events. Having quite a difficult time trying to reconcile so many people acting so strangely and possibly sharing the same complex delusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ernest flinches upon seeing the men put their hands in their coats.

If they wanted to kill us, they'd probably already have done it. I wonder what they want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
mb
"Oh no! This might not go to well for us. I hope Alfred can talk his way out of this."

I wonder if these may be the "many mouths" that our new contacts kept referring to. They certainly are frightful enough to give one pause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Keeping his gun cocked and pointed at the man from behind the car door, Alfred reaches out his left hand to take whatever it is the man is trying to give him.

Ernest is right, they would have shot by now if that was their main goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look like... they are cultists. No no no, I've heard to much about the cultists of these works! This won't end well if we don't leave now.

"DRIVE!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I am going to wait and see what Alfred does. Does he continue to reach out and wait, or does he do what Dorothy wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Continues to reach out

She's just squeamish, Alfred thinks to himself. These brawlers aren't nearly as rough as Twisted Guido De Luca's men. I don't even have a bloody nose yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [18] |