Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the month of love, and its been enough time since our last math trade, so its time for another one!

This is the discussion thread for the math trade, so discuss.

Where to find information for this math trade:
Discussion Thread: Love Is In The Air RPG Math Trade
Wish-list Geeklist: http://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/169452/love-is-in-the-air-rp...
Item Submission Geeklist: http://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/169453/love-is-in-the-air-rp...

• [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It looks like your linkage is wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yep - fixed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Working to get in on OLWLG now. Once I do I'll post here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone remember who we ask to post it on the front page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trevlix wrote:
Anyone remember who we ask to post it on the front page?
Dave, Bob or Jonna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas Papathanasiou
Greece
Thessaloniki
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So guys.

I'd like your advice on something.
Fact is that I'm situated in Europe and only few of us europeans show up in these awesome math trades. Shipping cost is always a factor between overseas traders. So much that for the first time since I participated some items in this one are US-only! (totally understandable by the way)

Currently I have my items in bundles (as sweeteners). Perhaps it would be better to split some of them up? The goal is to make each listing more "attractive" to possible traders.
Maybe more stuff together as a bundle are more attractive trade-wise but less so when it comes to shipping cost? What do you think?

any thoughts & advice more than welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For you, a large package is probably cheaper than multiple small packages. However, a large lot may turn off some people who are worried they may not be giving you enough value for you to consider them. Also, you may have to trade for something that may be worth less than your whole lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas Papathanasiou
Greece
Thessaloniki
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
For you, a large package is probably cheaper than multiple small packages. However, a large lot may turn off some people who are worried they may not be giving you enough value for you to consider them. Also, you may have to trade for something that may be worth less than your whole lot.
thanks for answering!

I agree but at the same time I don't expect to get a "100% of items traded" result. So it's more about you (as in all you) and not me. For me it would be fine to ship a big heavy bundle and only cover the first $10-$15 but would you even consider a big heavy bundle?
Maybe you only like some stuff in the bundle, or the whole shipping cost is off-putting.

So it's actually about you and me both because I don't want to get 0% of items trade message

Maybe I'm thinking it the wrong way I don't know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, in that case, what I usually do, at least for board games, is the I break off the base game as it's own lot, and then I lump all the expansions together. I usually prefer it that way, because I probably already have the base game if I'm looking for expansions. In this case, you would probably want to separate the core books from the supplements. If your lot is something I want, I'd definitely go for it, and even if it fails, people may still PM you after the trade and try to work something out with you.

And shipping-wise, for international, I think that would help if you subsidized the first $10 or so. I've seen a lot of people put that up in their trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas Papathanasiou
Greece
Thessaloniki
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes ofcourse I already cover the first $10 and I'm considering upping it up to $15.
I'll try to re-arrange some stuff

thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid San Filippo
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi legopaidi,

I guessing you were refering to some of my entries. I'm sorry if that offended you. I marked them US only as it is a bit of a hassle shipping items internationally and I have gotten financially burned several times.

As for your offerings, I concur that offering the lots as big bundles will attract more wants and cost you less in shipping overall. Perhaps you could weight each bundle and list an estimated shipping cost to the UK and USA in the listing. That might attract more wants as it removes some of the mystery surounding the international postage.

I've changed the shipping info on all of my items to allow international shipping. I'll give it one more try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid San Filippo
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, is there a reason why the MT has not shown up on the OLWLG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Swan
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
legopaidi wrote:
yes ofcourse I already cover the first $10 and I'm considering upping it up to $15.
I'll try to re-arrange some stuff

thanks again :)
You might be better listing how much shipping the recipient has to pay - at least to the major Maths Trade countries like the USA, UK and Germany.

I have no ability to find out how much it costs to ship items from Greece, so I'd be very reluctant to tick off an item there, even though I'm happy to ship much of my stuff there for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reidzilla wrote:
BTW, is there a reason why the MT has not shown up on the OLWLG?
Ask JeffyJeff. I submitted it on Monday and just did again, so hopefully it will get on soon.

I suspect he is just busy and hasn't been able to do it yet. There are a couple other MTs that have been announced but are not up there yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas Papathanasiou
Greece
Thessaloniki
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reidzilla wrote:
Hi legopaidi,

I guessing you were refering to some of my entries.

Hi Reidzilla

No, of course I was not offended! I totally understand!
I mentioned it in my original post that I'm totally OK with that!
No need to change anything! I know how expensive it can be trust me!
I was just wondering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I'm not sure whether I'll participate, I agree that putting in some info on shipping cost would help reduce uncertainty. If I'm required to contribute to shipping costs, I'd like to know what I'm getting into.

Something like this:
"This bundle would cost about xx Euro = yy $$ to ship to the US, and xy Euro within most of Europe."

And of course, if you're shipping from the USA to anywhere overseas and do not offer free shipping, this kind of info would be very welcome, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
jasri wrote:

And of course, if you're shipping from the USA to anywhere overseas and do not offer free shipping, this kind of info would be very welcome, too.
I've updated my listings with historical data. Hopefully that can help people make informed decisions. Or really push somebody to come up with a matter transporter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gen Con is rebooting.
United States
Lawrenceburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey you kids, get off my Avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
cjbowser wrote:
jasri wrote:

I've updated my listings with historical data. Hopefully that can help people make informed decisions. Or really push somebody to come up with a matter transporter.
I'm always willing to make an attempt at shipping costs by request. My issue is I'm often surprised when I get to the post office and find that my quote isn't accurate. These days, I always try to be conservative and quote the max.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also updated my items. Instead of me paying a certain shipping amount and the other person paying the rest, I turned it around and posted how much the other person will have to pay max (might be less) and I'll pay the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The Geek? Yes, it's a good site. But - ah! You should have seen it before the rebranding! It was legible and a joy to read! All gone now, sadly, and so (mostly) am I because of it ...
badge
I'm sorry, I cannot read this site regularly while the intense white background is in effect. I have eye health issues, and this is painful. I'll still make brief visits, largely for trades and rules questions, but my socializing here is done for now
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check shipping prices from the US at: http://postcalc.usps.com/

As of Feb 2014, here are the prices to Europe for various *packages* (product plus packaging; 1 lb = .454 kg):

Up to 1 lb: $16.75

Up to 2 lbs: $24.15

Up to 3 lbs: $31.55

Up to 4 lbs: $38.95

Up to 5 lbs: $59.30

I've listed my very light items (things that when securely packaged still weigh less than 1 lb) as "free shipping anywhere." I can't afford to do that for anything weighing more. And books are heavy.

Of course, the problem with listing even the light items as free shipping anywhere means I have to take that $16.75 into consideration when filling in my wantlists. It would cost less than $3 to ship it within the US, but I can't count on someone from the US winning it.

Edit: And you know, with that last paragraph in mind, I'm afraid I'm going to change my shipping policy even on the light items. It just makes it too awkward listing wanted items, sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Swan
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happy to receive items in either NY, London or Germany, and (in most cases) to post stuff worldwide.

So my own offers and wants can act as a sort of "transatlantic bridge" in the Maths Trade.

In the last trade, I sent stuff to the US and received in London.

Hopefuly that will also facilitate trades for others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The math trade is up on OLWLG now!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just letting you know for some reason the math trade is listed under no-shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
Just letting you know for some reason the math trade is listed under no-shipping.
They seam to always do that now, I assume it is a known bug with the new feature to split shipping vs non-shipping. Since there don't appear to be instructions on how to tell the OLWLG ship-vs-noship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |