The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
D&D Essentials Kit
Dinky Dungeons
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Avalon's Solo Adventure System
Thousand Year Old Vampire
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Pacific Rim Sourcebook
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Shadowrun: Sixth World Beginner Box
Catapult Run
Ironsworn
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
The Valley of the Pharaohs
Unlimited Power
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Beyond Bightwater
Dungeon Module EG1: The Hidden Tomb of Nephabti
Modern AGE Companion
No Future
The Dark Forest
Skull & Crossbones
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Starter Set
Tatters of the King
GAZ2: The Emirates of Ylaruam
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Trollpak
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Game (revised)
Cardboard Heroes
Silver and White
The Nine Worlds
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Mutant: Year Zero Core Book
The Tower of Tharikthiril
Rad-Hack
The Princess Bride Roleplaying Game
Tales from the Loop
Dungeon Master's Screen, Reincarnated
Treasure Hunter: Complete Rulebook (1st Edition)
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Courts of Stone
No Rest for the Wicked
Mutant: Elysium Map of Elysium I
Dungeon Master's Screen: Of Ships and the Sea
Imperious Rex! Realms of the Deep
Th' Dinky Dungeons Tome of Knowledge
2CGazette (Issue 33 - Jul 2018)
2CGazette (Issue 36 - Sep 2018)
Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
232 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

Black Crusade» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: A Perfect Storm [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
IC || OOC || wiki


Scenario 4. Look at first OOC post for more.

Current players are:
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sometimes it just gets to be too much...
Avatar
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
Avatar
mb


Characters:
Ferrus Havelock
Cain
Abelard
Rosenberg
Tassus Callimachus

Thermorb Gazetteer
Thermorb
Sargosanopel
The slum of Khardz with list of gangs
Map of Sargosanopel
5 
 Thumb up
8.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb

 
The compact, sans Abelard, is watching the development from the space port traffic control room. Their blitz attack worked wonders at first, the port had seemed lightly defended. Then it turned out the imperials had merely been pulling back, a delaying action. Now they were protecting the main landing platform itself. The control room gave an excellent view of it. Down below heretic forces were giving their lives in massed attacks, it could go either way.

With the compact is Duke Ellezar, he insisted on coming to lead the forces personally. He doesn't seem to care that the advance is going slowly, instead orders another mass assault, and giggling as it is thrown back. He loves this war, which is why you haven't told him the reason why you want to attack the port, nor where Abelard is.

What the imperials think is unknown to you. This might seem like just another of the unplanned massacres that has swept Thermorb the last few weeks, but perhaps they see the deeper purpose of it. The truth is that if the heretics doesn't do anything soon, Ellezar's little civil war will be crushed, and the imperials will be back in control. Ferrus' master plan is the move that will end the conflict, and Thermorb, forever.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
We need something to stall the Imperials until Abelard returns with the ship.

Rosenberg stations himself at one of the windows and begins to sight in Imperial leaders, intending to sow chaos.

If this is too far away, Rosenberg can slip off to a building that is closer and a better vantage point.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The control is the perfect vantage point. It overlooks the battlefield on the landing platform, and the only reason you haven't started shooting is because there is a large windows seperating you from the outside.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cain watches the bloodshed unfold on the landing platform with a smile - as heretic and Imperial crash into each other.

Excellent. Look at the puppets dance.

He turns to the rest of his comrades.

We should throw our weight behind the offensive, clearing a path for Abelard to return.

Is the Duke here with us? And any way for us to communicate with Abelard .
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The duke is there. Having a good time it seems. No way to contact Abelard.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
Avatar
mb
This task appears to be going easier than expected. The confusion we have sown can only further help us with our tasks.

Glancing around at his comrades, he checks his weapons for the fifth time in preparation for conflict.

Ferrus must think there is some chance that Abelard may not return. Otherwise he would have selected one of the others or myself, we would certainly be more competent.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cain is eager to see the ritual Ferrus has planned. From what he could gleam, in their recent discussions, it seemed large in scope.

With a smile, he reminds himself of his own ruinous plans.

Hehe, soon enough...

The psyker stares at the wall, gone from real-space for a brief moment - feeling the subtle presence of Tzeentch. His increasingly complex dabbles into complex lore and daemonology are having an impact on his already frayed psyche.

Wide-eyed, he returns from absent wanderings within the labyrinth of his own mind.

Shaking his head, to clear his thoughts, Cain regards his warband.

The end is nigh for Thermob. Let's go help the cultists.

He walks to the exit of the control room - itching to kill some Imperials.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Before leaving with Cain, Rosenberg uses a chair to knock a hole through one of the windows. He then takes 3 shots at the landing platform and the Imperial leaders below.

Just trying to cull the herd a little before we get down in a close combat situation, hoping to chop off a few of the heads of the Imperial attack. See OOC about adding damage.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
You descend down the spiral stairs that lead to the platform, and enter into the ongoing attack.

The landing platform is a concrete opening in the middle of the space port; with the buildings around it, it almost feels like an arena. The far side leads into a large hangar, and it is here the Imperials have retreated to. They have had plenty of time to prepare, so the entire entry has been walled of with crates and barrels; creating a fortification for the Imperials to defend behind. The approach towards the line is completely open, except for the dozen or so dead or wounded cultists that litter the ground.

The side you are standing on also have some degree of protection. Barrels and blast guards surround the perimeter of the land field, and here surviving cultists are hiding, and firing on the enemy when they dare to. The two sides are roughly 60 meters apart.

While you consider your options you see a light descend towards you. Coming in over the space port is a Imperial landing shuttle. The two sides take pause as it lands on the right side of the landing field. The shuttle doors opens to reveals Abelard, with him the heads of the two pilots.

Is the scene clear? You are 60m away from the Imperials, they have made some improvised fortifications in the hangar where they have taken up position. Abelard is closer, 30m, and is currently protected by the shuttle. Feel free to act.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cain projects his reedy voice to reach as many of the cultists as possible.

Devotees of Chaos! your leaders are here! We shall defeat the Imperial scum, and tear down their lies!

He takes cover behind a barrel.

Hmm.. Let's see what we're up against..

He scouts out the enemy numbers, looking for any obvious leaders - as well as Imperial Psykers.

Psynicience (55) 1d100 = (27) = 27
Awareness (45) 1d100 = (52) = 52


***

Cain looks on with surprise as Abelard emerges from the shuttle.

While I'll be damned.. He pulled through.


Am I able to start The Ritual of Sundering at any point? Or does there need to be some downtime for Cain to prepare?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 516819. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (27) =
  • 27
  • Psynicience (55)
  • Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 pm
  • [+]
  • 516820. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (52) =
  • 52
  • Awareness (45)
  • Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 pm
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sometimes it just gets to be too much...
Avatar
Abelard, while staying behind cover as much as possible, surveys the nearby mayhem. He hears Cain's voice through the dim of battle and decides to let events unfold prior to taking any actions of his own. He continues to hold the heads of the pilots, one in each hand - grasped by their hair.

Wonder how far I can throw these?

He toys with the idea of tossing the heads toward the Imperials but doubts what could actually be gained by the action. Even the shock value would likely be minimal.

Patience, Abelard, patience...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
There are a couple of corporals that seems to be coordinating the effort, but no officers. Cain can sense no psykers either.

The rituals needs a bit of peace and quiet, and some time, so you have
to clear this area first.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
Avatar
mb
Seeing Abelard on the tarmac, Callimachus gives a small sigh.

The bastard managed to survive. Maybe the ship was only crewed by blind, deaf soldiers.

Turning his attention back to the firefight between the cultists and Imperials, Callimachus raises the Infinite Brilliance and aims at the defenders barricade. He carefully sets the gun to maximal and fires.


BS + Aim (48+10): TN 58: 1d100 = (46) = 46
Damage (if needed): 2d10 +16 = (2 + 6) + 16 = 24

Hoping to blast a hole in one of the barriers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 517202. badweasel
  • 1d100 =
  • (46) =
  • 46
  • BS + Aim (48+10): TN 58:
  • Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:19 pm
  • [+]
  • 517206. badweasel
  • 2d10 +16 =
  • (2 + 6) + 16 =
  • 24
  • Damage (if needed):
  • Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 pm
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cain joins into the fray, shivering as he calls on the warp.

Attempting: Doombolt
Psy Rating: 4
Unfettered

Focus Power Test (88) 1d100 = (92) = 92
I'll use a Infamy PointFocus Power Test (88) 1d100 = (88) = 88...

Grimacing at his struggles to control the psychic energy, Cain erratically throws a bolt of energy at the defenders.

Damage 1d10+4 = (6) + 4 = 10
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 517282. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (92) =
  • 92
  • Focus Power Test (88)
  • Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:13 pm
  • [+]
  • 517288. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (88) =
  • 88
  • Focus Power Test (88)
  • Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:15 pm
  • [+]
  • 517289. SA_Viking
  • 1d10+4 =
  • (6) + 4 =
  • 10
  • Damage
  • Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Jason H
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferrus is too far to wade into battle yet. So he'll hop onto Nightgaunt and ride him down towards the enemies near the shuttle. Gabriel will run down the stares and start dismembering enemies when he gets close enough.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Any action for Rosenberg?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Cain must roll for Psychic phenomena. Or am I wrong?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
Cain must roll for Psychic phenomena. Or am I wrong?


Whoops, I was just focused on the fact that I succeeded

Psychic Phenomena 1d100+10 = (53) + 10 = 63
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 518658. SA_Viking
  • 1d100+10 =
  • (53) + 10 =
  • 63
  • Psychic Phenomena
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:19 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
No action from Rosenberg, he can take two on his next turn if he likes. Cain is thrown to the ground and must roll fear (2). That is willpower -10, if he fails he must roll for shock


Chance of Callimachus hitting rocket fuel (10): 1d10 = (9) = 9


Cain lashes out against the enemy, tearing a couple of them in two. Suddenly, unseen horrors assail Cain, throwing him to the ground.

Callimachus fires at the fortfication, melting parts of it, and killing a soldier behind it.

The enemy opens fire with their lasguns. They target Callimachus since his plasma gun singles him out. And the horrible machine monstrosity that is running towards them.

Gabriel passes the shuttle, and is now 24m from the enemy.


Callimachus (35+10 for range+10 for standard) 1d100 = (66) = 66 - miss
Gabriel (35+10 for range+10 for standard-20 for running target)1d100 = (56) = 56 - miss

New turn
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 518731. karlkrlarsson
  • 1d10 =
  • (9) =
  • 9
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 518735. karlkrlarsson
  • 1d100 =
  • (66) =
  • 66
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm
  • [+]
  • 518736. karlkrlarsson
  • 1d100 =
  • (56) =
  • 56
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:26 pm
Beau Bailey
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
Why don't you believe me?
badge
Seriously, I'm a weasel.
Avatar
mb
Die Imperials.

Maglocking the Infinite Brilliance to his side to cool, Callimachus switches to his bolter. He sights in on a soldier that briefly appears from behind a pylon to take a potshot.

He calmly pulls the trigger and is gratified with the red mist in response.

Via vox, Callimachus chooses to goad Abelard, "They are all going to be gone before you even manage to tap the ground with that oversized carpenter's tool."


BS + Aim (48+10): Tn 58: 1d100 = (14) = 14

Damage: 2d10L+9 = (10 + 10) + 9 = 19



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 518814. badweasel
  • 1d100 =
  • (14) =
  • 14
  • BS + Aim (48+10): Tn 58:
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:25 pm
  • [+]
  • 518815. badweasel
  • 2d10L+9 =
  • (10 + 10) + 9 =
  • 19
  • Damage:
  • Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 pm
Aaron S
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drawing too deeply from the warp, Cain feels a menacing psychic presence course through him - sending him into a frenzied panic.

Eeek! N-no, get away you miscreants!

He lets out a yelp as his body is violently ragdolled through the Air.
WP (48) 1d100 = (79) = 79

Shock 1d100+30 = (59) + 30 = 89
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 518922. SA_Viking
  • 1d100 =
  • (79) =
  • 79
  • WP (48)
  • Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:05 am
  • [+]
  • 518923. SA_Viking
  • 1d100+30 =
  • (59) + 30 =
  • 89
  • Shock
  • Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:10 am
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The Duke Ellezar grins down at Cain, "The power of Tzeentch too much for you? You may be court fool when he maks me a Daemon Prince."

Aaron. A couple of mistakes by me. You should have +0 modifers. Since you are a heretic. That brings the characteristic to 58. 2 additional Degrees of failure. You shock roll becomes 79. You may subtract infamy, So now it becomes 31.

The result: he suffers -10 to all tests for the rest of the encounter, unless he restores his wits. That is, makes a willpower roll at the start of his turn.

Beau: Is he using the bolter for any other reason than the overheating thing?

Here is a map:
The field is surrounded almost completely by hangars and buildings, though it is possible to go between (I have left the entire perimeter dark grey for simplicity). Along the edges of the landing field are crates and barrels, so there is some protection at your location. Not on the map are the other cultists and the Duke, whom is also with you.


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lewis
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
First Round Action
Rosenberg goes to the nearest crate, kneels, and shoots at one of the corporals leading the assault.

BS (90) Red-Dot Laser Sight, Aim, Accurate, Short Range 1d100 = (73) = 73
Body
Damage 2d10+8 = (4 + 5) + 8 = 17




Second Round Action
Rosenberg laughs hoarsely as the first shot enters and exits a corporal's chest, leaving a large bloody hole.

Slaanesh will surely be pleased with my excess.

He sucks at his teeth and plans to blow off the next corporal's head.

BS (70) Called Shot, Red-Dot Laser Sight, Short Range 1d100 = (86) = 86
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 519182. samus98
  • 1d100 =
  • (73) =
  • 73
  • BS (90) Red-Dot Laser Sight, Aim, Accurate, Short Range
  • Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 pm
  • [+]
  • 519184. samus98
  • 2d10+8 =
  • (4 + 5) + 8 =
  • 17
  • Damage
  • Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:48 pm
  • [+]
  • 519185. samus98
  • 1d100 =
  • (86) =
  • 86
  • BS (70) Called Shot, Red-Dot Laser Sight, Short Range
  • Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:52 pm
Lev
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Sometimes it just gets to be too much...
Avatar
Abelard remains behind cover, ignoring the senseless prattle of the so-called Champion.

My maul is undersized...

He gently places the severed heads on the floor and casually draws his shotgun. And he holds his action until an enemy target is visible from his current location behind very effective cover.

I must be patient, they will come to me.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.