Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
190 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Eclipse Phase (First Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: OOC - Dead Man Walking (Game Full) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Okie dokie!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
USP45 wrote:
karlkrlarsson wrote:
When I ran EP earlier I made some wiki character sheets. Let me know if anyone wants to use them.

The wiki pages for Port of Call yeah? Pretty cool. If you and/or Dave G. don't mind I'll definitely use it.

My previous game is here: Port of Call [OOC]

The four characters are linked to their wiki sheets. Feel free to steal. The point of the sheets was to have everything you needed to know about your character in one place, both for me and the players. There is a lot of stuff on each sheet. I think the one called Locke is the Ultimate Merc, and is exactly like the pregen.

Creating each sheet took some work, cutting and pasting from the pdfs. The template itself is not that complicated. Let me know if you need any help.

Good luck!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Thanks a lot for your kind help Karl!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
karlkrlarsson wrote:
USP45 wrote:
karlkrlarsson wrote:
When I ran EP earlier I made some wiki character sheets. Let me know if anyone wants to use them.

The wiki pages for Port of Call yeah? Pretty cool. If you and/or Dave G. don't mind I'll definitely use it.

My previous game is here: Port of Call [OOC]

The four characters are linked to their wiki sheets. Feel free to steal. The point of the sheets was to have everything you needed to know about your character in one place, both for me and the players. There is a lot of stuff on each sheet. I think the one called Locke is the Ultimate Merc, and is exactly like the pregen.

Creating each sheet took some work, cutting and pasting from the pdfs. The template itself is not that complicated. Let me know if you need any help.

Good luck!

Whoa. That's fancy!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick note - I'm skimming the Quick Start Rules at the moment - if you happen to be doing this also, be sure not to miss the short story that shows up at the front of the Core Book though; it's pretty great as I recall! And it hits on some of the core concepts and terminology.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
A quick note - I'm skimming the Quick Start Rules at the moment - if you happen to be doing this also, be sure not to miss the short story that shows up at the front of the Core Book though; it's pretty great as I recall! And it hits on some of the core concepts and terminology.

It is pretty fantastic.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
karlkrlarsson wrote:
USP45 wrote:
karlkrlarsson wrote:
When I ran EP earlier I made some wiki character sheets. Let me know if anyone wants to use them.

The wiki pages for Port of Call yeah? Pretty cool. If you and/or Dave G. don't mind I'll definitely use it.

My previous game is here: Port of Call [OOC]

The four characters are linked to their wiki sheets. Feel free to steal. The point of the sheets was to have everything you needed to know about your character in one place, both for me and the players. There is a lot of stuff on each sheet. I think the one called Locke is the Ultimate Merc, and is exactly like the pregen.

Creating each sheet took some work, cutting and pasting from the pdfs. The template itself is not that complicated. Let me know if you need any help.

Good luck!

Whoa. That's fancy!

That's insane, is what it is. It seems pretty complex - do I have to pick out that many different skills and special thingies for a starting character, not pre-gen?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still perusing rules....how do you not love a game that has a ruleset for body dysmorphic disorder?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
karlkrlarsson wrote:
USP45 wrote:
karlkrlarsson wrote:
When I ran EP earlier I made some wiki character sheets. Let me know if anyone wants to use them.

The wiki pages for Port of Call yeah? Pretty cool. If you and/or Dave G. don't mind I'll definitely use it.

My previous game is here: Port of Call [OOC]

The four characters are linked to their wiki sheets. Feel free to steal. The point of the sheets was to have everything you needed to know about your character in one place, both for me and the players. There is a lot of stuff on each sheet. I think the one called Locke is the Ultimate Merc, and is exactly like the pregen.

Creating each sheet took some work, cutting and pasting from the pdfs. The template itself is not that complicated. Let me know if you need any help.

Good luck!

Whoa. That's fancy!

That's insane, is what it is. It seems pretty complex - do I have to pick out that many different skills and special thingies for a starting character, not pre-gen?

You do, as a matter of fact. It's a pretty robust system. I'd advise tweaking one of the pre-gens unless you really want to dive into it. Character generation for this game looks like a blast, but it's DEEEEEEEEEEEP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
but it's DEEEEEEEEEEEP.

I'm ok with this. We're about to kick off a Hollowpoint PbF where the character creation is 15 minutes real-time. What the heck else am I going to do with the remaining 11.75 hours of my day if not this?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We're adding a player to fill that fifth spot, after he sent a very nice email to ask if we'd take him. He also says he has some experience with the system, so it might be nice to have him around. Everyone welcome:

Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
but it's DEEEEEEEEEEEP.

I'm ok with this. We're about to kick off a Hollowpoint PbF where the character creation is 15 minutes real-time. What the heck else am I going to do with the remaining 11.75 hours of my day if not this?

I'm all for it either way. I love character creation, but I know some people would rather have the numbers set for them and work on the back story part instead. I'm good with either.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Although anyone who doesn't finish their character by my arbitrary-deadline-to-be-named-later will be forced to play as a synthetic goldfish.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
I'm in for the synthetic goldfish!

By the way, I'm really glad Jean-Christophe can join the fun.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
We're adding a player to fill that fifth spot

Welcome!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Although anyone who doesn't finish their character by my arbitrary-deadline-to-be-named-later will be forced to play as a synthetic goldfish.

In 5... 4... 3...
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Although anyone who doesn't finish their character by my arbitrary-deadline-to-be-named-later will be forced to play as a synthetic goldfish.

In 5... 4... 3...

Feel free to message me about any background discussion. Dan emailed me about his character idea and I think it sounds cool.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
USP45 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Although anyone who doesn't finish their character by my arbitrary-deadline-to-be-named-later will be forced to play as a synthetic goldfish.

In 5... 4... 3...

Feel free to message me about any background discussion. Dan emailed me about his character idea and I think it sounds cool.
Do you prefer us to keep our backgrounds hidden from the other players?
I'm just asking as it would add an interesting twist to our group.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
USP45 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Although anyone who doesn't finish their character by my arbitrary-deadline-to-be-named-later will be forced to play as a synthetic goldfish.

In 5... 4... 3...

Feel free to message me about any background discussion. Dan emailed me about his character idea and I think it sounds cool.
Do you prefer us to keep our backgrounds hidden from the other players?
I'm just asking as it would add an interesting twist to our group.

Not necessarily. It's probably good for balancing if there's some open discussion, but I know some players like to talk it through with the GM before they present their character to the group.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

First. Thank you so much Dave to let me step in your game! I'm glad to share this moment with you all. And thank you Yohann to post about games you play

So I'm Jean-Christophe, a 44 years old French gamer from French Alps. I'm married with a NGS too, and have two kids, 12 and 6 years old. I ran games for them, last week actually. It was a wonderful 13th Age game! I'm a teacher for living, and I'll like to write for the RPG industry. Meanwhile, I write a blog about RPG stuff.

I'm a RPGer for more than 30 years now. I'm currently interested in story-driven games and mechanics. I know that Eclipse Phase do not exactly fall in this category, but I really like this game and its themes. I even ran a campaign two years ago. I'm eager to see the Fate conversion that will come with the last Kickstarter.

For now, I'm eager to have fun with this game, and such fine people.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
You live in the Alps? My family-in-law lives in the Hautes Alpes, a bit above Gap.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
You live in the Alps? My family-in-law lives in the Hautes Alpes, a bit above Gap.

Don't you see where I live on various social networks? Funny
I live in Grenoble. If you happen to go there, let me know

By the way...

I'm in with the character generation. I think it's an interesting part of the game. It may seem overwhelming at first, but it's fun. May be a little help is welcome:

- http://eclipsephase.oook.ch/Creator/version4/index.php
- http://www.djarcanus.com/ep/

For the background thing, I like the Leverage idea.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
deborn wrote:
Don't you see where I live on various social networks? Funny
I live in Grenoble. If you happen to go there, let me know
Well, I must admit I didn't have the curiosity to check.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
deborn wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
You live in the Alps? My family-in-law lives in the Hautes Alpes, a bit above Gap.

Don't you see where I live on various social networks? Funny
I live in Grenoble. If you happen to go there, let me know

By the way...

I'm in with the character generation. I think it's an interesting part of the game. It may seem overwhelming at first, but it's fun. May be a little help is welcome:

- http://eclipsephase.oook.ch/Creator/version4/index.php
- http://www.djarcanus.com/ep/

For the background thing, I like the Leverage idea.

Yes, there will be a criminal element to this first adventure, but don't feel obligated to make your character a criminal. I can give you good reasons you need to be involved when we start. devil
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you guys heard of Transhuman? Apparently it has among other things some expanded character creation options like random life path and packages-based characters (whatever that means).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] |