United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:
USP45 wrote:
One edit for those using the wiki template that I like is to float the table of contents to the right so that the character sheet starts right away.

[ [ toc float="right" ] ]

Also, maybe we should sticky all our sheets somewhere. Here's mine again.

I can't do it right now, but I can make a wiki for our PbF. The main page will have links to all of our profile pages, CSheets, the OOC and the IC. I can probably have it done by tomorrow.

I did it before for mine, here are a couple of examples.

Retribution wiki

Myntaros

Very nice. I'm enjoying the game so far. Once our last player has logged in and posted I'll move the scene along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
USP45 wrote:
One edit for those using the wiki template that I like is to float the table of contents to the right so that the character sheet starts right away.

[ [ toc float="right" ] ]

Also, maybe we should sticky all our sheets somewhere. Here's mine again.

I've got them all saved to my quickbar except Dan's (which is offsite, but bookmarked on my browser) and Yohann's, who hasn't posted in the IC thread yet.

And mine is still being tweaked a little, although the basics will be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Yohann's, who hasn't posted in the IC thread yet.
Well, the thing is that my CS isn't complete at all, and after asking for some feedback but receiving none, I'll just let it as it is and post anyway.

This is my very first game of Eclipse Phase, I never read the rules and tried to come up with a character anyway, and receiving some help from the GM for character creation would have really been helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Well, the thing is that my CS isn't complete at all, and after asking for some feedback but receiving none, I'll just let it as it is and post anyway.

This is my very first game of Eclipse Phase, I never read the rules and tried to come up with a character anyway, and receiving some help from the GM for character creation would have really been helpful.

Sorry. I missed that. Let me take a look at your CS again and I'll shoot you some feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Sorry. I missed that. Let me take a look at your CS again and I'll shoot you some feedback.

Ah. I see. You edited your post to ask for feedback and I totally missed it. My fault, Yohann.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
No worries Dave, it's just that I did it via the character creator website and it's been quite a bit of a pain each time I upload my CS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
No worries Dave, it's just that I did it via the character creator website and it's been quite a bit of a pain each time I upload my CS.

I just sent you some feedback via geekmail. I think what you have is good, most of what I sent was roleplay tips.

Reminder for the group: Yohann's character is in a "remade" morph--he's got a human form, but a totally engineered, "human 2.0" form. Hairless, with improved internal organs and slightly "off" features. With NPCs this will result in a penalty to social interactions, but I'll ask you to bear it in mind as you get to know Luther in-game. It's not that he's unpleasant, exactly, but the Remade tend to be unsettling in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmbmb
My guy is a yucky remade too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Remade party! Yeah! ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:

Sorry, I missed that. I had in my head he was an exalt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:

Personally, I finally gave up on that because of some weirdness like it not allowing multiple disorders (or me not being able to figure it out). It ended up being easier just to tweak a pre-gen by hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:

Mine is a perfectly normal well-adjusted young man.
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Messy rough draft of the wiki up here: Eclipse Phase Dead Man Walking

I recommend saving it in your Quickbar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:

Nice! Thank you so much.

I updated infos about my character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:

Awesome. Thank you! A competent GM probably could have done that himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do I post the character sheet so I can add a link to the wiki? (Still tweaking, but it will be done this weekend.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
It's getting late in France, but I'm going to go ahead and handle this first round of questions and rolls. Don't worry, the scene won't move along until everyone's had a chance to speak, and I still have some tricks to come before we're done with Mr. Gris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'm answering the payment question, I would direct you to two main sections of the sourcebook if you have questions here. Page 62, where they discuss the post-scarcity economy, and page 285, where they talk about rep, specifically that your "rep score" is not simply a game mechanic like in most RPGs but a integral part of post-Fall society and a thing with tangible value.

I point this out because it's a little jarring for me to have an NPC talking about increasing rep scores, it feels a little like I'm pulling back the curtain. And I figure if it's jarring for me it's likely jarring for you as well, so I wanted to be sure everyone understands this is how it works in this universe and you don't just have a lazy GM offering to trade you XP for quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Dan--when you get a minute take a look at pages 287-290 yourself. While I see what you're doing with your politics/interest in hypercorps, I think all of you are also going to want to use your social networks to look into this stuff when you're reconnected, which will be soon. I think that's more like what you're doing here.

I really love this rep mechanic, that's why I'm sort of pushing it here. I think it's a very cool idea and fleshes out the characters nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Also, Dan--when you get a minute take a look at pages 287-290 yourself. While I see what you're doing with your politics/interest in hypercorps, I think all of you are also going to want to use your social networks to look into this stuff when you're reconnected, which will be soon. I think that's more like what you're doing here.

I really love this rep mechanic, that's why I'm sort of pushing it here. I think it's a very cool idea and fleshes out the characters nicely.

Yeah, I know how I will be using my Hypercorps Rep as soon as I have a chance.

The "Interest" thing is more about trying to make connections based on my informal understanding of the relationships among the hypercorps. I'm not looking for definitive information, but more trying to get a sense of the shape of things. Which other hypercorps might have a special interest in obtaining a DA secret weapon system, for instance - not which ones actually are, just which ones might be. Narrowing the search parameters around hypercorps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
As I'm answering the payment question, I would direct you to two main sections of the sourcebook if you have questions here. Page 62, where they discuss the post-scarcity economy, and page 285, where they talk about rep, specifically that your "rep score" is not simply a game mechanic like in most RPGs but a integral part of post-Fall society and a thing with tangible value.

I point this out because it's a little jarring for me to have an NPC talking about increasing rep scores, it feels a little like I'm pulling back the curtain. And I figure if it's jarring for me it's likely jarring for you as well, so I wanted to be sure everyone understands this is how it works in this universe and you don't just have a lazy GM offering to trade you XP for quests.

I actually really like the Rep concept, and making it an open aspect of life in the game universe instead of just a game mechanic is really nifty. But I think there's a way to avoid the more jarring aspect of "talking about increasing rep scores" - it looks like payment can be made through allocation of favors. So Gris doesn't have to offer "+10 Rep in Hypercorps"; he can offer a "Level 4 favor." I'm not sure how transferable favors are - i.e., if DA gives me a L4 favor, am I limited to "spending" it with DA, or can I trade it to someone else for some other thing of value?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I actually really like the Rep concept, and making it an open aspect of life in the game universe instead of just a game mechanic is really nifty. But I think there's a way to avoid the more jarring aspect of "talking about increasing rep scores" - it looks like payment can be made through allocation of favors. So Gris doesn't have to offer "+10 Rep in Hypercorps"; he can offer a "Level 4 favor." I'm not sure how transferable favors are - i.e., if DA gives me a L4 favor, am I limited to "spending" it with DA, or can I trade it to someone else for some other thing of value?

He's offered you that, more or less. Not so much "I'll bump you this much" as "completing this task will mean you have more rep" with the mutual understanding of what that means for you as characters in terms of access, etc.

Also a custom Morph is nothing to shake a stick at. Well, I mean, I guess you could shake a stick at it if you wanted to, but that seems like kind of a waste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

The "Interest" thing is more about trying to make connections based on my informal understanding of the relationships among the hypercorps. I'm not looking for definitive information, but more trying to get a sense of the shape of things. Which other hypercorps might have a special interest in obtaining a DA secret weapon system, for instance - not which ones actually are, just which ones might be. Narrowing the search parameters around hypercorps.

I dig it. Unfortunately you rolled for shit. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
Where do I post the character sheet so I can add a link to the wiki? (Still tweaking, but it will be done this weekend.)

What format is it in? If wiki, see below. If outside document (pdf or word) you can use dropbox or something like it and I can link there.

Wiki: If it is going to be like the other character wiki pages, you create a page by typing into your browser address bar (removing the space in http):

h ttp://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Name_of_page_with_spaces_underscored

Replace "Name_of_page_with_spaces_underscored" with whatever you want to call the page (mine is Marc_Sarin). If it doesn't already exist (if you use your character name, it won't) it will automatically create the new page.

You can then edit that page and post your CS in there. Then I'll link to it from the main wiki.

You can geekmail me if you have any questions but some great links are here with all you need to know:

About the BoardGameGeek Wiki
Wiki Formatting
Wiki Content Guidelines
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

I dig it. Unfortunately you rolled for shit. shake

Yeah, I posted here before I got to the IC thread. No sweat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] |