flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Also, Dan--when you get a minute take a look at pages 287-290 yourself. While I see what you're doing with your politics/interest in hypercorps, I think all of you are also going to want to use your social networks to look into this stuff when you're reconnected, which will be soon. I think that's more like what you're doing here.

I really love this rep mechanic, that's why I'm sort of pushing it here. I think it's a very cool idea and fleshes out the characters nicely.

Yeah, I know how I will be using my Hypercorps Rep as soon as I have a chance.

The "Interest" thing is more about trying to make connections based on my informal understanding of the relationships among the hypercorps. I'm not looking for definitive information, but more trying to get a sense of the shape of things. Which other hypercorps might have a special interest in obtaining a DA secret weapon system, for instance - not which ones actually are, just which ones might be. Narrowing the search parameters around hypercorps.

I dig it. Unfortunately you rolled for shit. shake

Yeah, I posted here before I got to the IC thread. No sweat.

At least you're getting the bad ones out of the way now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having a blast with this guys. That said, with the weekend coming I'll probably only have time for one or two posts. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves and ask questions, and I'll do my best to answer.

Also, remember that this is a collaborative storytelling effort...I dropped a couple hooks in the water for you, but feel free to pursue your own questions. I've given you the information I think ought to stand out to you right away, but there's plenty of story there to mine. By Monday morning Shayna will be in the room and ready to get you moving to your next stop, but until then let's suck out as much background on the mission as you see fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
Thanks a lot for this huge beginning Dave.

I must say that at the moment my posting rate is rather limited to one or a couple a day, being snowed under with freelance work at the moment.

However, I intend to make the most of this game as I already enjoy the direction this scenario is taking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:

I must say that at the moment my posting rate is rather limited to one or a couple a day, being snowed under with freelance work at the moment.

However, I intend to make the most of this game as I already enjoy the direction this scenario is taking.

No worries! I'm trying to balance pacing so everyone can keep up with the fact that I can probably go ahead and answer the obvious questions that every character will ask--what are we being paid, etc.--without ruining anyone's role play. I won't ever move on with any decision making without getting input from all five players, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:

No worries! I'm trying to balance pacing so everyone can keep up with the fact that I can probably go ahead and answer the obvious questions that every character will ask--what are we being paid, etc.--without ruining anyone's role play. I won't ever move on with any decision making without getting input from all five players, though.

That said, I'm assuming you're all taking the job, since otherwise my only plan is to have Frasier the Gorilla and his simian pals rip your faces off and make you eat them.

arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:

That said, I'm assuming you're all taking the job, since otherwise my only plan is to have Frasier the Gorilla and his simian pals rip your faces off and make you eat them.

arrrh

Luthar loves his remade face too much to turn the job down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:
Messy rough draft of the wiki up here

Nice job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Frasier the Gorilla and his simian pals

I've played a lot of The Sims, I could probably take 'em. (Oh is that not what the Sims is about?) ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
post-scarcity economy

I'm all-in for the rep thing; one of Isaac's core character concepts though is that he's constantly on the look-out for opportunities to fund his traveling as a priority (as part of the hunt for his perceived bad-guy scientists and/or just for exploring). I'm not entirely sure if travel is something that's cred-free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
post-scarcity economy

I'm all-in for the rep thing; one of Isaac's core character concepts though is that he's constantly on the look-out for opportunities to fund his traveling as a priority (as part of the hunt for his perceived bad-guy scientists and/or just for exploring). I'm not entirely sure if travel is something that's cred-free.

It is, actually. The description of the economics in the sourcebook seems to suggest that travel is about trading favors (rep).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bad pbfer on the weekend. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wysire wrote:
I am a bad pbfer on the weekend. Sorry.

Me too, mainly because I'm inconsistent. During the warmer months I'll likely be less inclined to be at a keyboard on weekends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I didn't touch a keyboard all weekend. I'll get back into the swing today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
Yeah, I didn't touch a keyboard all weekend. I'll get back into the swing today.

No worries. I'm sporadic at best on the weekends. Too much other stuff to do.

IC posts coming up this afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
It is, actually. The description of the economics in the sourcebook seems to suggest that travel is about trading favors (rep).

Sounds good to me. That's an interesting take for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the delay, everyone. I'm in the middle of a big number crunching project for my boss. I'll get this next post up by tomorrow morning if not this afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Sorry for the delay, everyone. I'm in the middle of a big number crunching project for my boss. I'll get this next post up by tomorrow morning if not this afternoon.

I completely understand, I had some consequent freelance work to do with a deadline today, so no worries on my side!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stymie says, "No Fidgets"
United States
SF Peninsula
California
flag msg tools
"Nobody down here 'cept us dummies"
badge
"Betcha can't throw that donut on my finger"
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Yeah, no worries. We are here at your pleasure.

This is for fun. Not a job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take your time, we'll be here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
Take your time, we'll be here.

Next scene is underway. In metagame terms, consider this the "montage" part of the movie...we can jump into lots of little scenes here. Also, be creative on your own. You want to go to a bar you know where some Triads hang out? Tell me that's what you want, and I'll make one. You need a hacker? Someone probably knows one here in town. Feed me ideas, and I'll run with the ball--this plan can be as elaborate as you want, or you can just go blasting in for a fight.

Anyway, the point is that we'll tool around here in Locus for a good bit, until you're ready to put your plan in action. You can have all the time you want, in game time you have about a month to get it together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perusing some of the EP material I've not looked at before leads me to a conclusion that there's a LOT of stuff! These folks have really crammed a lot of cool material into a relatively small amount of books.

I'm kind of overwhelmed...

That said, I'll reel myself back from the entirety of the galaxy soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My travel this week has put a crimp in my ability to focus on this. I'll be back home this weekend and will jump back in as soon as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
The CRB is huge and really interesting. Unfortunately I've got no time to actually read it from cover to cover these days. Soon I hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Christophe Cubertafon
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. Sorry guys, I was overwhelmed by work, real life, and all that things this week. Next days, I will be able to focus more and more on the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
deborn wrote:
Okay. Sorry guys, I was overwhelmed by work, real life, and all that things this week. Next days, I will be able to focus more and more on the game.

No worries. Everyone has their stuff. I'm going to let this conversation continue without GM interference while you guys form a plan, but again there will be "time" in-game to do all the scouting/talking to locals/investigation/set-up you want for whatever of these plans you pursue, and we'll handle those scenes in the order that makes sense once you're settled on a scheme. I love where this is going so far, you've already had two suggestions for plans of attack that I hadn't thought of. Brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [8] |