Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
172 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Army of Darkness Roleplaying Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: AoD 2014 Newbie Play by Forum IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
...My heroes...
Will 1d10+6 = (5) + 6 = 11

Keira has no idea what she's looking at...but she does know she wants to get the heck out of the way!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525171. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+6 =
  • (5) + 6 =
  • 11
  • Will
  • Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:45 pm
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keira, hours spent in the ER in her rotations, keeps it together as the hideous creature reveals itself before her. The creature's hand flashes up in front of Keira's face, revealing long, yellowed talons as its hand flies back, then forward to eviscerate Keira.

Dodge roll - 1d10 + Dex + Getting Medieval 1d10+4+2 = (3) + 4 + 2 = 9

Keira is just able to dodge out of the way of the hand as she jumps backwards, landing on the floor a few feet behind her.

Nick raises his gun in an effort to shoot the thing, but has to quickly pull back as Steven and Jeff runs into his line of site.

Steven, armed with foam sword and shield, swings at the creature and lands a solid hit. The creature stops, looks at him curiously, and then laughs, throwing a back-handed slap at him.

Steven - roll 1d10 + dex + (acrobatics, getting medieval or Kung fu - whichever is higher). You need to beat a 10 to dodge

Jeff, having grabbed a chair, runs in to slam it against the thing.

Jeff - roll 1d10 + DEX + Getting Medieval

Nick, Keira - let me know what you want to do. Go ahead and roll if you feel it should be done. We can always correct it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 525186. trevlix
  • 1d10+4+2 =
  • (3) + 4 + 2 =
  • 9
  • Dodge roll - 1d10 + Dex + Getting Medieval
  • Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:10 pm
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC: Moving on.

Steven's d10+dex+getting medieval 1d10+2+2 = (8) + 2 + 2 = 12
Jeff - d10 + dex + getting medieval 1d10+3+1 = (9) + 3 + 1 = 13

The creature attempts to land a hit on Steven, but somehow he brings up the foam shield in time, the things hand hitting Link's emblem instead.

"Ya!" he yells triumphantly.

Before he can yell anything else, Jeff runs in with chair in hand. He swings at the thing's head, hitting it square in the face. It flies back and crashes into the wall, breaking some plaster.

Damage - ( Str(3) + success levels (2) ) * 3 5*3 = 5 * 3 = 15

Amazingly, it shakes its head and smiles at Jeff, yellowed teeth showing, and begins to float in the air.

"You will be the first soul I taste!" it yells.

Gun damage - (15 + 2) * 2 17*2 = 17 * 2 = 34

A shot rings out and a hole appears in the head of the creature. Its eyes roll into the back of its head and it falls to the ground, unmoving.

Jeff, Keira, and Steven look back. Nick is standing there, smoke still emanating from his gun.

"Not on the menu today, baby." Nick says.



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 527016. trevlix
  • 1d10+2+2 =
  • (8) + 2 + 2 =
  • 12
  • Steven's d10+dex+getting medieval
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 2:18 pm
  • [+]
  • 527017. trevlix
  • 1d10+3+1 =
  • (9) + 3 + 1 =
  • 13
  • Jeff - d10 + dex + getting medieval
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 2:19 pm
  • [+]
  • 527020. trevlix
  • 5*3 =
  • 5 * 3 =
  • 15
  • Damage - ( Str(3) + success levels (2) ) * 3
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 2:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 527021. trevlix
  • 17*2 =
  • 17 * 2 =
  • 34
  • Gun damage - (15 + 2) * 2
  • Tue Apr 1, 2014 2:31 pm
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry either didn't get the subscription notification or I somehow clicked past it
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddlebox85 wrote:
sorry either didn't get the subscription notification or I somehow clicked past it

NP. Just went ahead and moved things along.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
trevlix wrote:
Riddlebox85 wrote:
sorry either didn't get the subscription notification or I somehow clicked past it

NP. Just went ahead and moved things along.

Same here. That's weird. ;_; Stupid Geek. I was going to say, Keira is just dodging anyway, so that's perfect! Appreciate it!

"Oh my God!" Keira exclaims as she climbs shakily to her feet. She looks a lot more hesitant to approach it this time. Lesson learned!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve looks at the foam shield amazed.. "Man did you see that move I did"

He goes over to check on the dead..demon..thing.. Kicking it a few times before proceeding to check if it has pockets to rummage through.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff looks at Nick with respect. "Nice shooting."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Nick moves toward the door to the room the creature came out of, it slams shut. He runs over and tries to open it, but it won't budge. Putting all his weight into it, he feels no movement. He's not getting in that way.

Steve kicks the "demon" a few times, and nothing happens. Whatever it is, its dead...or no longer "alive". Leaning down, he doesn't find anything in its pockets, but does find a con badge with the name "Marie Campbell" on it.

The man with the pink tunic, who had crawled against the wall behind everyone, pants with fear.

"What is going on?" he mutters to himself. "We were just playing the game, and then...". His voice trails off as his gaze focuses on something a million miles away.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Seeing that the thing that attacked her is dead, Keira moves over to Pink Tunic and crouches down in front of him.

"Can you tell me what happened?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff moves up next to Nick by the shut door and listens, trying to hear anything that might be going on behind it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IvoryThorns wrote:
Seeing that the thing that attacked her is dead, Keira moves over to Pink Tunic and crouches down in front of him.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

The man looks up at Keira with a blank expression on his face.

"The game...it was the game. Bil Beaton and Felicity Night were playing their parts as the high priest and priestess of a cult...he read from a book and then they started to transform.

He drifts off for a moment then focuses back.

"We all thought it was part of the game, until they started attacking people and other started to turn...I ran to the closest door to get out...some others got out as well...as well as those...things..."

leroy43 wrote:
Jeff moves up next to Nick by the shut door and listens, trying to hear anything that might be going on behind it.

Jeff presses his ear to the door and listens. From behind the door he can hear sounds of orders being barked by someone, and cackles of laughter by another. The noises are too muffles to tell exactly what they are saying.

As Jeff and Nick are listening to the door, Steven sees Chuck exit from the room they came from.

"Hey guys! Are we gonna play or what?"

He makes his way over to Nick and Jeff, wiping his nose and complaining about allergies under his breath.

Everyone make 1d10 + Perception + Notice rolls. If you have the Acute Hearing quality, add that to your roll.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
+Notice+AH 1d10+6 = (4) + 6 = 10

"What do you mean they transformed?"

What is this? Some sort of reaction to a drug? And what kind of messed up game were they playing in there?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 528887. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+6 =
  • (4) + 6 =
  • 10
  • +Notice+AH
  • Fri Apr 4, 2014 2:12 pm
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Perception 1d10+2+4 = (5) + 2 + 4 = 11
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 529010. leroy43
  • 1d10+2+4 =
  • (5) + 2 + 4 =
  • 11
  • Perception
  • Fri Apr 4, 2014 5:34 pm
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve thinks he hears something odd.. He stops swinging the foam sword and listens as intently as he can manage while keeping watch on the seemingly dead demon woman.

1d10+5+2 = (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 529683. Riddlebox85
  • 1d10+5+2 =
  • (8) + 5 + 2 =
  • 15
  • Sun Apr 6, 2014 4:56 am
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The four of you stop and listen. Coming from down the hall, bouncing off the walls, you can hear screams and cries of panic, along with high-pitched cackling and wails. Whatever is going on, is going on all over the convention.

"This LARP is getting a little expansive!" Chuck says, hearing the noises and smiling naively. He moves closer to the door where Nick and Jeff are. "Are they going to let anyone else in?"

The man looks back up at Keira.

"It all started when he read from that book. You need to get the book." he says, then his eyes drift back to nowhere.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuck shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm only one of the world's eminent game designers, I don't run the con."

The four of you can hear screams begin to echo from all over the convention center. Whatever was going on in there, is going on everywhere now.

Nick runs his hands over the wall of the room going left, until he gets to the corner that leads into the main hall. Glancing up to the right in the hall, he notices the escalators going up. What was he looking for before? Thats right! The security offices!

I put a big red X where you guys are.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
He must be going into shock...

Rising to her feet, Keira heads over to Nick. "We should call the police." Unfortunately, her own phone was in her purse -- back in the boardgame room. Besides, it wouldn't hurt to stick close to the guy with the gun.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven follows Nick he quickly takes out and looks at his antique pocket watch..

"Looks like the number eight should be coming in from Pittsburgh..Well if I was home that is obviously. Hey do we have any snacks my tumbly is all grumbly. I know weird thing to think about with a corpse but my momma always said I think with my stomach not my brain."
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick moves toward the escalators with everyone following behind him. As they ride up the escalators, they can see further down the hall behind them. A number of people are exiting the various game rooms, pushing and shoving each other to get away from whatever is in the rooms behind them.

The four, and Chuck, reach the top of the escalators and Nick follows a sign that reads "Security Office" down a small hallway. They arrive at a closed office door. Nick shoves the door open to a chaotic scene.

In front of them are two security officers, struggling with a man who is single-handedly taking both of them on. The man, or more precisely what used to be a man, has shriveled skin, gray hair, and is dressed in a ripped t-shirt that says "Innsmouth Swim Team".

As you stand there, the man throws one of the officers off of him and into the wall 10 feet away. It smiles at you and says, "Good...more souls!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
I don't think my mace is going to do much against that...

Keira takes a non-too-subtle step back. "I usually don't advocate shooting people, but..."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick's first shot goes wild, taking out a television monitor in the back of the room. The second shot, however, hits dead on!

Damage: (Str 3 + success levels 3) * 3 18 = 18 = 18

The bullet hits the thing's shoulder, ripping through the T-shirt and exploding a large hole out the back of the shirt. Blood and gore cover the wall of TVs behind it.

It lets out a reverberating scream as it charges forward, intent of killing whoever it gets to first. Unfortunately, that person is 1custom5{Nick;Keria;Chuck;Steven;the guard} -> ( Steven) -> ( Steven).

The creatures runs toward Steven and grabs at his shirt, its mouth open and full of rotting teeth, intent on taking a bite from whatever it can get hold of.

Steven - Roll 1d10 + Doubled Dex. Add 1 for bonus too since you have Fast Reaction time. You need to beat an 12.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 533270. trevlix
  • 18 =
  • 18 =
  • 18
  • Damage: (Str 3 + success levels 3) * 3
  • Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 533273. trevlix
  • 1custom5{Nick;Keria;Chuck;Steven;the guard} =
  • ( Steven) =
  • ( Steven)
  • Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:56 pm
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven's Defense Roll 1d10+1+4 = (7) + 1 + 4 = 12

The creature grabs Steven by the shirt collar and pulls him close. As its fetid breath courses into his face, Steven brings up a knee and slams it into the thing's crotch. An unhappy face appears on the creature's visage and it bends over, releasing Steven so he can fall back.

One security guard is unconscious on the floor against a side wall, and another pulls itself up.

Momentarily stunned, the creature rights itself and looks in the direction of the four of you, pissed off.

OK - whats everyone doing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 534804. trevlix
  • 1d10+1+4 =
  • (7) + 1 + 4 =
  • 12
  • Steven's Defense Roll
  • Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:36 pm
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Keira takes another couple steps backwards!

"I think we should probably run now..."

So brave!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keira steps back as Nick raises his metallic encrusted hands as the creature charges at him.

Nick's first swing at its head is parried by the creature whose look of smug satisfaction is quickly removed once Nick connects with its stomach. Nick feels his fist go into its rubbery skin, contacting with gelatinous fluids beneath. (Damage is STR+2 *2 = 12)

The creature's face turns blue (or more blue than it was) as a sickly black fluid forms on its lips. This only lasts for a second as its head lashes forward in an attempt to head butt Nick.

Nick roll your defense - d10 + dex + kung fu

Steven and Jeff franticly search the room, looking for anything that is useful. Steven finds a police baton lying on the floor and Jeff sees a long metal pole in the corner.



2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |