Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
172 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Army of Darkness Roleplaying Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: AoD 2014 Newbie Play by Forum IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, Nick is not able to dodge out of the way of the creature's head in time. Nick sees stars as he is head-butted, and staggers back a few steps. (10 HP damage)

Steven's Attack 1d10+6 = (3) + 6 = 9
Jeff's attack 1d10+4 = (7) + 4 = 11

As the thing cackles, Steven swings the police baton at the creature, but in an amazing feat of dexterity, it catches it right before the baton hits its face. Twisting the baton out of Steven's hand, it raises a finger at him and says, "Thats not nice."

Steven's shuts his eyes and grimaces as the creature raises the baton in the air to smash him, but the expected blow never lands. He opens his eyes to see the creature fall forward, a long metal pole jutting out of its chest.

"And thats how you use a 10 foot metal pole!" John yells.

Within moments, Nick and the two security officers recover. The guards tell the four that all hell started to break lose in the convention. One person was being attacked in the hall, so they apprehended the man when he started to attack them.

"He changed into that thing and started attacking us." one officer explains. "What is going on?"

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 537995. trevlix
  • 1d10+6 =
  • (3) + 6 =
  • 9
  • Steven's Attack
  • Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:51 pm
  • [+]
  • 537996. trevlix
  • 1d10+4 =
  • (7) + 4 =
  • 11
  • Jeff's attack
  • Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:52 pm
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven takes a few quick puffs from his inhaler.


"Good lord man..This board game really has some intense real world integration."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as Steven mentions the game, Keira feels a hand on her shoulder. Acting purely on adrenaline and reflexes, she grabs the hand, twists, and kicks back with her leg. Her solid landing is met with a whiny cry, as Chuck doubles over in pain.

Wheezing, he says, "I was just seeing if you were OK!"

Nick and Jeff notice the monitoring TVs are hooked to some type of DVRs. While a number of them appear to be working, and show various states of chaos and people fleeing (along with one or two tables of gamers so entrenched in their games they are oblivious to the terror around them). One TV labeled "Grand Ballroom 2" shows only static.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
And it serves him right, too!

"Oh, God, sorry! Sorry! Don't sneak up on a girl like that..." Keira looks pointedly towards the skewered thing, then asks the security officers, "What do you mean, changed?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I....I don't know" stammers one of the guards. "One second he was normal, you know, and the next he was that...thing! It was like he was possessed or something."

From outside the halls, screams can be heard from all over the building. The two security guards pale, and look at each other.

"I don't get paid enough for this crap," one says.

"Ya, screw this! Good luck!" the other replies.

They both bolt out of the room and down the hall, leaving everyone alone.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
"Please don't say that's where you want to go..."

Keira joins Nick at the monitors.

"We should be trying to evacuate those people before they get hurt too."

Also rolling Notice! 1d10+4+3 = (9) + 4 + 3 = 16
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 540504. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+4+3 =
  • (9) + 4 + 3 =
  • 16
  • Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 am
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven chimes in.

"Evacuate people?! Is that something we need to roll for Chuck? When do we get to the part about space trains?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick stares at the monitors, trying to find any clues as to what is going on, but Keira realizes that since these are attached to a DVR, they can rewind the video and see what happened. She rewinds the video to about 30 minutes prior, right before all of this happened. Unfortunately, there is no sound and the video is a grainy black and white.

The ballroom shows the LARP proceeding well as multiple boffer weapon combats are taking place around the room. In the center, next to an "altar" (which is really a black sheet over a card table), stand Bil Beaton and Felicity Night. Felicity is reading from a book as Bil stands in front of her, boffer sword in hand.

Felicity finishes the book, then everyone in the room stops and stares at the two as if they heard something. The camera begins to shake and every falls over. The last thing that can be seen before the cameras go out are Felicity and Bil looking like they are screaming in agony. The very last frame looks as if Felicity's face is contorting into...something else.

As the video finishes, everyone is silent.

"Talk about great effects for a LARP!" Chuck says.

Nick sits there pondering...there was something familiar about that book.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Save people? Im still confused I really thought we were playing a game about space trains..How did we get switched over to being part of a LaRP?"


Steven looks around for answers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick is confused by the book. He knows he remembers it from somewhere, but can't quite place it.

"I'm not running a LARP!" Chuck bursts out. "I don't know what this is!"

As Nick ponders how they should get in, Keira points to the screen.

"That guy is gonna be in trouble."

Nick glances to the screen and sees the camera appears to be pointed to one of the back storage areas. Large doors indicate probably near the loading docks. The doors are shut, and apparently locked down, as the man is desperately trying to open them without luck. He keeps glancing back, a look of fear on his face.

The camera pans back and shows the reason for his distress. Two people, no, creatures, are slowly moving towards him.

Nick looks at the man again. Its the same man he was chasing in here! And, he was carrying a book when he came...a book that looks strikingly similar to the one the two read before all these problems started!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Keira gives Steven an 'oh please' look, then looks around the room to see if she can find some sort of weapon -- possibly something appropriate for her Getting Medieval skillset. Or like a gun. That would work too.

1d10+3 = (8) + 3 = 11+3=14 because stats are important.

"I can't believe I'm going to say this, but let's go kick some ass."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 543768. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+3 =
  • (8) + 3 =
  • 11
  • Thu May 8, 2014 2:15 am
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking around the room, Keira sees one of the rent-a-cops dropped a baton. Grabbing it, she swings it through the air deftly, narrowly missing Steven in the process.

She stands facing Nick, Steven, Jeff, and Chuck. The baton hangs at her side, and she feels a sense of empowerment filling her.

Behind her, the creature they thought they had taken down jumps up and lunges at Keira. The guys are powerless to do anything as the thing jumps toward her and they are convinced she will be taken down.

Without turning around, she steps deftly to the left and swings the baton up with her right hand, connecting directly to its face. A sickening *CRACK* can be heard in the room, as the monster falls to the ground, twitches, then goes silent for the last time.

"Yeah, this will do. This will do nicely."
3 
 Thumb up
1.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wow the way you use that baton is..electric"
Steven says his voice a bit raspy and distant.. He shudders and takes a quick puff of his inhaler again.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Want to make sure no one wants to do anything else before we move on
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The four of you begin the journey to the back loading area. From a map Nick found on the security office wall, the fastest way is through the vendor room. Chuck tags along.

Nothing happens on the trip down the stairs from the security office to the vendor hall, but that changes as soon as you enter the doors to the hall.

The hall is about 300 feet long, equally as wide, and covered with booths hocking various gaming wares. While there are normally geeks covering the area looking to grab that latest hotness, currently you see what can only be described as scene from the nerds version of Dante's Inferno.

Directly in front of you is the large area that Mayfair Games demos in. Multiple dead bodies lay mockingly draped over tables, as if they were contemplating their next move in Settlers of Catan. To your sides, in various booths, are a mixture of people hiding under tables and behind drapes, and using whatever they can get their hands on to (unsuccessfully) defend themselves. The only place that seems to be standing a chance is the boffer weapons booth, which is using their foam shields as a wall, although the creatures that are attacking them seem to be playing with them for the moment.

From your vantage, you can see 6 or 7 of the same dead things moving through the hall, attacking and cackling at those they can find.

Your goal is a door at the back of the room that leads to the loading dock, but you'll have to make your way across all of this before you get there.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
"Of course," Keira mutters under her breath as they survey the geek-eating zombie horde. "It wouldn't be that easy, would it?"

Having decided to take her cue from Nick for reasons largely having to do with the firearm he is carrying, she asks him, "How do we get through this without getting ourselves killed?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Yuck last time I played Catan I thought I might die too with how boring it was..Its hilarious that these guys thought to set this up so accurately."

Steven lets out a laugh.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick pushes out of the vendor room and away from the chaos within. The rest follow, and as the doors shut the noise from within is lessened..but only just so.

Moving down the hall in the direction Nick motioned, the group gets to a wall of doors. A large warning "Employees Only" is emblazoned in large red letters. Nick pushes the doors open and everyone steps within.

Immediately, the noise from the convention hall is silenced as you find yourselves within a back hallway. The hallway stretches the length of the entire convention center and lining the walls are stacked tables, chairs, and carts.

Everyone notices the uncanny silence in the hall. A light halfway down flickers on and off, adding to the creepy ambiance. You begin to move slowly down, aware of every *clack* your feet make on the tiled floor.

Everyone give me a Notice+Perception roll
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
At the GM's discretion: I also have acute hearing and situational awareness. 1d10+3+3 = (8) + 3 + 3 = 14
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 550734. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+3+3 =
  • (8) + 3 + 3 =
  • 14
  • At the GM's discretion: I also have acute hearing and situational awareness.
  • Tue May 27, 2014 2:54 pm
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IvoryThorns wrote:
IvoryThorns previously rolled 1d10+3+3 = (8) + 3 + 3 = 14 (At the GM's discretion: I also have acute hearing and situational awareness.)

Feel free to add any bonuses that those give you as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
trevlix wrote:
IvoryThorns wrote:
IvoryThorns previously rolled 1d10+3+3 = (8) + 3 + 3 = 14 (At the GM's discretion: I also have acute hearing and situational awareness.)

Feel free to add any bonuses that those give you as well.

If both apply, it comes to a whopping 19!
Situational Awareness Only: 16
Acute Hearing Only: 17
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
notice+per+situational awareness 1d10+2+5+2 = (9) + 2 + 5 + 2 = 18

Steven stops and listens not hearing anything..

He whispers "I don't hear anything but this place smells like someone lit a dirty diaper on fire and tried to put it out with axe body spray"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 551028. Riddlebox85
  • 1d10+2+5+2 =
  • (9) + 2 + 5 + 2 =
  • 18
  • notice+per+situational awareness
  • Wed May 28, 2014 4:49 am
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez...you people are like listening ninjas!

The long hallway stands before you, boxes and tables strewn along the side. Looking down it, you see nothing dangerous at first.

Impatient, Chuck takes a step down the hall but Nick grabs his chest.

"Wait," he says. "Listen."

Steven, Keira, and Nick all strain their ears. The clicking of the flickering light is most prominent, but something else can be heard beneath the clicking. At first its hard to determine what it is, but after focusing on it all can hear it...a giggle.

Not a giggle from a child, but an evil laugh. Muted, the laugh is barely loud enough to register and you are convinced your footsteps would have easily covered it up.

Scanning the hallway for the source, you don't see anything at first. However, Keira glances at the ceiling halfway down and sees a barely perceptible bulge in one of the tiles and points it out. This is where the source of the noise is...from someone (or something) hiding in the tiles.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
But now we'll all roll poorly on combat, so don't feel too bad, dear GM!

Keira looks questioningly towards their fearless leader and mouths, 'What do we do?' She's not too keen on walking into an ambush...even one they know about.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Nice try!

Nick pushes Chuck forward, who turns around and gives him an incredulous look.

"You first big guy," he says. "You're the one with the gun!"

With that, everyone can see a shifting in the ceiling panel you have been looking at, as if something was reacting to the voices.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |