Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
172 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [7] | 

Army of Darkness Roleplaying Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: AoD 2014 Newbie Play by Forum IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Are there any chairs in addition to the tables?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven holds towards the back of the party

"Momma didn't raise no fool"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
No offense taken! XD
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are chairs, stacking up on top of each other in various places along the hall.

If I don't hear anything else, I'll assume everyone is going w Nick's plan.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
That's fine! That was pretty much her plan too -- just on a smaller scale!
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrea, Steven, and Jeff grab one of the plastic tables and hold it to the side. They lead the way slowly down the hall, with Nick and Chuck behind them.

Their path down the hallway is nerve-wracking, each step echoing off the walls. Their eyes stay focused on the bulge in the ceiling, waiting for something to happen. When they get close, they glance back at Nick, who raises his gun and waits. The three then shift the table above their head and dart forward, eyes half closed as they expect some creature from the abyss to come crashing down upon them.

But nothing happens.

The three stop a few feet after the bulge, and look back to Nick, confused. His gun still pointed at the ceiling, he shrugs. Chuck says, "Maybe there's nothing there."

Suddenly, the ceiling behind Nick and Chuck explodes as a man dressed in a Magneto costume falls down and lands on all fours. He looks up at the group and smiles through his helmet, an unnerving giggle escaping his lips. The group can see that the man's face is badly decomposed and his eyes are fully milky white.

He lunges forward at the two, and Chuck makes an 'EEK!' as he dives forward.

Nick, roll d10 + Dex + Kung-Fu to dodge. I'm going to say that since your gun was pointed away from it, it will get a free attack, but you can attack back next round (ie go ahead and roll dodge, then describe what you are doing and roll if necessary.

Everyone else, whatcha doin?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
I want to see how Nick reacts first, and then I'll do a thing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Nice job!

Keira is horrified -- but once Nick safely dives out of the way, she directs, "Try to pin him up against the wall. On 3!"

And what do I roll to attempt to coordinate this ridiculously silly thing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadite's Attack 1d10+8 = (4) + 8 = 12

The deadite lunges for Nick in an attempt to grapple him, but Nick is able to get out of the way just in time. The Magneto-zombie drops to the ground, but quickly springs to its feet, its back to Nick and facing the other three.

Here's how you guys can work together. Nick should roll d10 + str + kung fu. He'll need to get over a 16. Keira will roll the same as well. For every success level over 16, (e.g. 17-20, 21-23, etc), Nick can add a +2 to the roll. (The rules actually specify +1, but that seems weak.)

Remember, you still have Drama Points which can add +10 to any roll (and you can wait to see what you roll first).


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 560472. trevlix
  • 1d10+8 =
  • (4) + 8 =
  • 12
  • Deadite's Attack
  • Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:31 pm
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
1d10+3 = (1) + 3 = 4

Oh, come on! Spending a drama point wouldn't even HELP. Darn you, dice!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 560591. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+3 =
  • (1) + 3 =
  • 4
  • Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:26 am
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven stares in awe of Nicks fast reactions. He runs over to try and help in any way possible.

"Wow its like we're the x men.. I call nightcrawler"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick takes a quick shot, but as the monster moves forward, its Magneto cape billows out and causes Nick to aim incorrectly.

Nick jumps forward and tries to grab the deadite. Keira, intending to help, gets caught behind the table she was helping carry and cannot make it. However, Steven is able to jump forward and ...

Steven's Valient Attempt 1d10+3+0 = (3) + 3 + 0 = 6

trips over a chair.

The creature and Nick lock in each other's arms. Nick can smell its rancid breath coming from under its helmet and it whispers out, "Your soul....."

With uncanny speed, the deadite slashes upwards with its arm into Nick.

Nick roll d10+dex+Kung fu. You'll need to beat/tie a 16.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 563831. trevlix
  • 1d10+3+0 =
  • (3) + 3 + 0 =
  • 6
  • Steven's Valient Attempt
  • Thu Jul 3, 2014 1:29 pm
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Oh no!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven rolls on the ground holding his leg in pain. He quickly tries to stand back up but his pants button pops open and they fall to the ground.

"Sorry!"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gberdex wrote:
Nick pulls out a handful of mints from his pocket and flings them up at the deadite's face
"GAH! Even a lake full of mouth wash won't stop that rancid breath, puke face!"

The deadite grabs the mints in mid-air with one hand as the other slashes into his trench coat. Seeing pain shoots up his arm as it's claw rip into his shoulder.

Nick takes 16 damage. Also, get a Drama Point for that!

It takes a step back and cackles.

"You will all die!", it yells in a high-pitched hollow voice.

Whats everyone doing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Double oh no! How hurt is Nick?

"I've had about enough of you!" Keira announces boldly, taking a defensive stance in front of Nick with her weapon out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven runs towards the creature knocking Keira to the side a bit.

"Sorry m'lady let me handle this!"

He cocks back his baton and tries to bring it down on the creature.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Go ahead and roll for Steven. d10 + str + Getting Medieval
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1d10+3+2 = (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Super Fail
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 566328. Riddlebox85
  • 1d10+3+2 =
  • (1) + 3 + 2 =
  • 6
  • Wed Jul 9, 2014 4:18 pm
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddlebox85 wrote:
Riddlebox85 previously rolled 1d10+3+2 = (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Super Fail

Throwing in a drama point will raise it enough to succeed!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah lets do that then
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gberdex wrote:
 


Nick stumbles back from the attack, pain shooting up and down his arm, and clenches his fist tightly.
" @#$%! "
With the few seconds afforded by his companions help, Nick takes a second to sidestep and flank the freak and line up a better shot, waiting to see what happens next

Ready shot as immediate response?

Go ahead and roll. Everyone gets a +2 bonus through the end of the fight due to my lateness in all my responses.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven run towards the creature, winds his arm back, and attempts to bring down his baton onto the creature. The thing lets out a cackle, letting fetid breath into Steven's face. Using his momentum, Steven reverses direction and brings the baton back up, connecting solidly with its head.

Damage: Str(3) + Success Levels (4) * 3 = 36

The deadite spins around, its eyes rolling in the back of its head. Keira moves forward, kicking the thing while its temporarily stunned.

Getting Medieval+ STR + d10 = 2+2+1d10 = 2 + 2 + (5) = 9 + 2 = 11

Her boot connects with its head and it flies into the wall in front of it, the side of its head making a terrible crunch as it does.

The thing stands up momentarily, swoons, then crashes to the floor.

A shot rings out from Nick that hits the thing as it lies on the floor.

"That'll teach it."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 570034. trevlix
  • 2+2+1d10 =
  • 2 + 2 + (5) =
  • 9
  • Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:42 pm
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Huzzah! Now, back to other concerns... How hurt is Nick??
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
"I should take a look at that shoulder when we get somewhere safe," she murmurs softly as she follows in Nick's wake. "That looks like it hurt."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [7] |