Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
172 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 

Army of Darkness Roleplaying Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: AoD 2014 Newbie Play by Forum IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group continues down the hall. The hallway makes a 90 degree turn, and peaking around the corner, everyone sees an empty hallway with no signs of life (or un-death). Halfway down is a set of double-doors.

As the group moves silently to the doors, they see they lead into the loading dock area previously seen in the monitors. Two windows in the doors lets them peer in.

The doors to the outside in the loading dock are closed, and initially no movement can be seen. However, after a few seconds, a shadow can be seen moving from one door to another. The shadow briefly steps into the light, and Nick instantly recognizes the man he had been chasing. He carries a messenger bag with a large bulk inside it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Cue suspenseful music!

Does messenger bag guy look normal, or does he look like he is going to attempt to swallow our souls too?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
He looks normal. A little frantic as he can't seem to figure out how to get out of the room as the outside doors appear to be locked...from the outside.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Keira is quite startled by Nick's sudden invasion of the room. She opens her mouth, closes it, and glances questioningly at their companions. In a hushed voice, she asks, "Did I miss something?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The man stops, shocked at hearing Nick. He turns to you and looks perplexed, wondering where everyone came from.

He takes a short step away from the door towards you, and raises his hand slightly.

"Do I know you?" he asks.

We didn't really establish much around this, so play it up as you want.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven waits trying to keep watch all around the group in case anything goes down.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven roll d10 + Perception + Notice
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
d10+5+2 = (10) + 5 + 2 = 17
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 580538. Riddlebox85
  • d10+5+2 =
  • (10) + 5 + 2 =
  • 17
  • Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:39 am
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect roll! I forget are we playing with crits?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Riddlebox85 wrote:
Perfect roll! I forget are we playing with crits?

Not really, but normally I would add a bonus. In this case, you got high enough to do what you needed.

Steven watches the "discussion" between Nick and the man play out, but some movement catches his eye. In the rafters above, he can make out something moving between the shadows of the girders. The light barely reaches, but he can see a figure wearing a flowing cape moving closer to above the man.

It takes a few seconds, but Steven realizes the figure isn't wearing a cape...but has wings!

Gberdex wrote:

"I was on a missing persons case before I got here and the trail led to a warehouse nearby and the man was murdered. Turns out THIS guy was there, sucker punches me, and takes off with THAT box! I chased him all the way to the convention center and it seems he has been stirring up even MORE trouble!"

Nick raises his gun at the man
"So I say again; loose the box and get down on the Mother ******* ground!"

The man smiles at Nick.

"Ah, so that was you. I didn't get a good look at you at the time and figured you for some rent-a-cop." He glances Nick up and down. "I was close."

He places the box on the ground.

"Feel free to take this. You do realize, however, that this box contains the only thing that will stop all of this from happening. And I'm the only one who knows how to use it."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Keira's almost afraid to ask...and, yet, the inevitable question leaves her lips. "What, exactly, is in the box?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The man's face twists into a wretched smile.

"Do you want to see? Here, let me open it for you."

He bends over and reaches for the case, his eyes never leaving the group.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
His smile twists even more wickedly as he reaches down and grasps the box. Everyone is too stunned, or curious, to react, as he picks it up.

"You see, I'm an archaeologist by trade. Some time ago, while digging an ancient Sumerian crypt, I stumbled across the contents of this box. Well, I and my team."

"We were amazed by its significance. Of course, no one knew its true value, except me. I alone knew the power it held. I alone knew the power it could give me!"

His eyes gloss over slightly, as if he were remembering something in the past.

"The night after the discovery, I slaughtered my team so I could take the book. I slaughtered them all....all but one. One escaped with the book."

"I've hunted him down since then and finally caught up to him at the warehouse you found me in," he says, pointing at Nick.


"I killed him and took off with the box. And now you, you pathetic people, will be the first to see its power!"

With that, he opens the box, lid facing him. A look of absolute excitement on his face quickly turns to one of horror.

"No! No! Where is it?" he yells. He reach into the box and pulls out a number of plastic joins and costume jewelry. The box drops from his grasp and the plastic treasure scatters across the floor.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Keira recoils from him with a look of horror on her face.

"I can't decide if he's insane or just a really bad person..."

Sorry -- posting from my phone as I'm on the road. Will be back on Sunday night!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group is shocked by the man's sudden change in attitude. His face contorts into a look of horror as he frantically glances around the room in the hopes the contents he desperately seeks is somewhere to be found. A few seconds later, a realization sets into his face.

"The room....those people...the boxes must have gotten changed..." he says, his shoulders dropping in defeat. You are stunned, unsure how to proceed and wondering if this man is truly someone that is dangerous.

A non-earthly laugh from across the room wakes you out of your trance.

"Yes, and I have to thank you for that!"

The laugh and voice come from a man across the room; or at least what was once a man. Standing before you is Bil Beaton.

You remember seeing him on the security cameras transform into a hideous creature, but the low-resolution on the screens did not do justice to the thing standing before you. Wearing a LARPer's king's robes and chainmail, he has transformed into one of the undead monstrosities that have been plaguing you this day. His gaunt face has shrivelled with a desiccated, gray parlour, and the skin stretches with every movement of his mouth.

"When you bumped into Felicity and I in the backstage, I thought you were an obnoxious fan. How glad am I now that we met, for you helped me transform into a being of true power, using this magnificent book!"

Beaton lifts up a book, covered in what you think is human skin. The man gasps and holds his hand out as if to grasp it, whispering "The Necronomicon..." as he does.

"Through this book the Watcher in the Woods whispers to me, and tells me you are the only one who can stop us," Beaton continues. "So, I must kill you. Felicity, my children, kill them all!"

Beaton raises his hand and two creatures appear from behind him and rush into the room. A shriek can be heard from the ceiling and a winged creature, who Steven recognizes as a contorted version of Felicity Night, glides from the ceiling towards the man. He shrieks and drops to the floor, arms covering his face.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
I love this. That is all.

"Really?" Keira groans in complaint as she takes up a protective stance next to the archaeologist. "Now we have to protect the psychopath?" She glances to the others for confirmation of her assessment, then looks down at the archaeologist. "Whatever you need to do to stop this, you'd better start doing it!"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick slowly moves across the floor, firing three shots at the flying Felicity as he does. The first and last miss, but the second one hits her in the chest.

Damage: (12 - 2) * 2 = 20pts

Felicity tumbles head over heels through the air and crashes into a set of boxes. The man looks up at the on-coming deadites and then over to your group, and then jumps up and runs toward you; apparently, you are the lesser of two evils.

"We must get the book back," he says between pants of breath. "Terrible things will happen if we don't!"

As if on cue, the boxes Felicity landed in explode outward and she strides forward.

"A worthy opponent! Your soul will be even more tasty!" she says, staring directly at Nick. She waves her hand and the remaining two deadites charge at the group as she begins to run.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
"I guess that's my cue, then," Keira murmurs as she sizes up Bil Beaton. Well, here goes nothing...

1d10+4 = (5) + 4 = 9

Keira's going to concentrate her efforts on getting that book!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 584860. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+4 =
  • (5) + 4 =
  • 9
  • Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:12 pm
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven's head fills with images of himself being Keiras white knight and he charges towards the two deadites headed towards the group.

"I will save you M'Lady..FOR THE ALLIANCE"

And he cocks back his baton and takes another hard swing at each.

1d10+3+2 = (5) + 3 + 2 = 10
1d10+3+2 = (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 584896. Riddlebox85
  • 1d10+3+2 =
  • (5) + 3 + 2 =
  • 10
  • Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 pm
  • [+]
  • 584897. Riddlebox85
  • 1d10+3+2 =
  • (6) + 3 + 2 =
  • 11
  • Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:22 pm
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick's attempts to shoot as Steven and Keira take off toward the Bil and the book. Unfortunately, Nick only hears a *click* from the gun, swearing as he realizes he is out of ammo and needs to reload.

Quote:
Nick grabs the guy by the collar and pulls him back with him and together they move closer to the door/hallway they came in from.

"Move towards the back! Lets bottleneck these goons!"

The two move toward the door and hallway, trailed by Chuck and Jeff.

Felicity strides forward. "Where are you going? I'm....hungry," she says toward Nick. He immediately realizes she's not just talking about food.

Keira runs toward Bil and the book, defly sliding under the reaching grasp of one of the deadites. She jumps up and continues toward Bil, who smiles with glee at his oncoming opponent.

Quote:
"I will save you M'Lady..FOR THE ALLIANCE!"

Steven charges forward, swing his baton. He swings at the first and solidly connects with the back of its head, as it turns around to charge after Keira.

Damage: Str(3) + Success Levels (2) * 3 = 15

The creature flips head over heels and lands on the ground. Steven reverses his direction and swings at the second Deadite, but it is too fast for him. It moves quickly to the side to avoid the baton, and then moves quickly in to rake him with its claws.

Roll d10+dex+Getting Medieval


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
"...For the what?" Keira glances over her shoulder, clearly puzzled by the rather random remark (in her mind.) But, then, there's the book to get...

What do you want me to roll?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gberdex wrote:
"Cover me while I reload!"
Nick fumbles with his left hand into his jacket pocket for his quick loader and silently curses the wound on his shoulder that's still dripping blood down his arm. Grasping the thumb grip he flicks open the wheel with one hand, dumps out the spent shells, and jams the new rounds in and with another flick snaps the gun back into place.

"Now, who's ready for a lesson in pain?"

Felicity smiles and in an instant is in front of Nick. Her fetid breath hits Nick as her wings unfold and she barrels into him, attempting to grab hold.

Roll d10 + dex + kung fu. Also roll to attack if you wish.

Keira finally makes it to Bil, mostly due to Steven distracting the creatures behind her. A malevolent grin appears on his face and kicks at her with an incredible speed.

Roll d10+dex+Getting Medieval. If you attack back, roll for that too.

As Keira attempts to dodge, she notices shadows moving across the windows in the doors behind Bil. More of the creatures are coming.

Steven's Dodge 1d10+2+3 = (6) + 2 + 3 = 11

Steven attempts to dodge out of the way of deadite's claws, but is not fast enough. As he raises his arm to fend away the blow, the claws bite deep into his arm and a seering pain hits him.

Take 15 damage

Through gritted teeth, he yells out once more, "FOR THE ALLIANCE!" and swings his baton at the creature that just attacked him...

1d10+3+2 = (8) + 3 + 2 = 13

... and hits it in the face solidly.

It takes 12 points of damage

It stumbles back a few steps, allowing Steven to step forward and swing at the deadite on the ground.

1d10+3+2 = (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

As Steven swings, the creature jumps up, spins through the air, and lands on its feet next to its companion. Both creatures eye Steven wildly and with a look of anger, and charge forward.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 588043. trevlix
  • 1d10+2+3 =
  • (6) + 2 + 3 =
  • 11
  • Steven's Dodge
  • Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 588046. trevlix
  • 1d10+3+2 =
  • (8) + 3 + 2 =
  • 13
  • Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:53 pm
  • [+]
  • 588050. trevlix
  • 1d10+3+2 =
  • (5) + 3 + 2 =
  • 10
  • Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:05 pm
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Attacking back! 1d10+4+2 = (9) + 4 + 2 = 15

"Steven! Nick!" Keira calls out as she goes toe to toe with Bil, concentrating her efforts on trying to free the book from him. "There are more coming!"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 588204. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+4+2 =
  • (9) + 4 + 2 =
  • 15
  • Attacking back!
  • Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:27 pm
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry was on a little vacation and fairly out of touch with everthing


Steven quickly backs up from the creature heading towards him and hopes that someone else takes it out before he is forced to try and kill it.

He readies his baton just in case.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Felicity grabs hold of Nick solidly. He feels her squeeze him tightly and the air in his lungs begins to quickly escape. Her mouth opens to reveal incredibly sharp teeth and she lunges forward to bite into Nick's neck, but stops short.

She looks down and sees the barrel of Nick's gun under her jaw.

Gberdex wrote:
"I don't normally hit women...So it's a good thing your no lady!"

Nick squeezes the trigger and a loud *BAMM* can be heard throughout the room.

Damage: (15+5)*2 = 30

Felicity goes flying backwards through the air and smashes into some stacked wooden crates, splinters exploding everywhere. When the dust settles, Felicity is lying on the ground, twitching and much more ugly than before.

Nice use on the heroic feat!!

Keira manages to dodge out of Bil's reach, but only barely. She reaches back and swings at him, hitting him solidly but apparently doing him no harm.

He takes a step back and laughs at her attempt.

"You fools! You cannot stop us!" his voice echoes and reverberates through room.

The two deadites near Steven stand back up together and move forward, but stop suddenly as the room is filled with the guttural yell of Chuck and Jeff charging forward. It will take 1 round for them to get there

From across the room, the man next to Nick yells, "Get the book! Its our only way to send them back!"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] |