Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
172 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 

Army of Darkness Roleplaying Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: AoD 2014 Newbie Play by Forum IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
"It's not as easy as it looks!" Keira calls back with a small, miffed exhale to emphasize her point. Turning her attention back to the creature with the book, she mutters, "You got a little something on your face. Let me get that for you." And she tries to bring the baton down onto his head.

Drama point spent!

1d10+4+2+10 = (10) + 4 + 2 + 10 = 26
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 591559. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10+4+2+10 =
  • (10) + 4 + 2 + 10 =
  • 26
  • Thu Sep 4, 2014 12:39 am
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keira swipes at Bil's head and makes contact "head-on"!

Damage: Str(2) + Success Levels(7!) * 3 = 27

Bil's head makes a sickening *CRACK* as the baton slams into its side. Keira involuntarily winces as fragments of bone and blood shower the air in front of her. Bil spins around and drops to the floor 10 feet to the left, the book dropping in front of her feet.

As she picks it up, she sees Bil slowly standing to his feet, his eyes literally turning red with anger.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
"Or maybe it is that easy..." Keira mutters as she scoops up the book...only to look up and see Bil rising to his feet with glowing red eyes. She takes a step back and swallows.

"I think I just pissed him off..."

Rather than waiting for his inevitable charge, Keira turns and dashes back towards the guy who can supposedly make all this madness stop.

Let me know if she's going to have to dodge an incoming attack or something to get back to The Guy in one piece!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Noticing Bil heading back towards Keira Steven starts to run towards him.

*Steven starts humming I don't want to miss a thing as he runs* "Get to safety m'lady I cant lose you ..not again..not like this"

He tries to catch the two Deadites heading towards Kiera and Bil and kick/baton them in the knees.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, enough delays from me. Lets go!

Keira turns and dashes toward rest of the group, book clutched to her chest. She hears Nick say something and the *crack* of his gun. She sees Steven running toward her, then the world starts to spin as she is hit from the side and crashes to the floor.

The rest of the group sees one of the remaining deadites jump towards Keira and attempt to rake her shoulders. It barely misses, and instead plows into her, sending her sprawling to the floor in one direction and the book sliding on the floor toward Nick and the man.

Steven charges the Deadite that slammed into Keira, and swings his baton at it.

1d10+3+2 = (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

The swing goes wild, but his momentum propels him into the deadite and pushes it across the floor. Keira looks up to see Steven standing above her, looking triumphant.

The man picks up the book and flips it open. Nick sees blood red text scrawled within, in a language he doesn't recognize. The man, however, apparently does, and quickly finds the page he needs. He begins to chant a phrase from the book, his voice booming in the room.

Klaatu, Verata, Nikto...

Immediately, a wind picks up in the room. At first, scraps of paper are picked up and fly through the air, but quickly the wind is strong enough to start larger moving larger items in the room. Soon, it feels like a gale force wind is blowing things.

The man's voice gets louder as he repeats the phrase. Within seconds, a black, swirling vortex appears above the center of the room. Lightening crackles within as debris is picked up by the wind and sucked into the depthless hole.

Nick looks stunned at the man, who is wearing an evil smile. The man begins to laugh as sparks of electricity course over his body.

"I can feel the power," he yells. "I can feel the..."

His eyes widen as he is cut short, his words transforming into a gurgle. Nick sees red appear on the man's lips, as he looks down and sees a hand sticking out of his chest. From behind the man, Felicity stands up wearing a cruel smile. The man slumps to the floor, the book falling to the ground.

Felicity tosses the man toward Nick, who catches him in his arms. She leans over, picks up the book, and turns around to walk toward Bil.

Nick hears the man whisper his final words, "Book...into...the...vortex..."

He then falls over, dead.

everyone give me one final roll and narrate what you are doing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 606410. trevlix
  • 1d10+3+2 =
  • (3) + 3 + 2 =
  • 8
  • Tue Oct 7, 2014 1:30 pm
Andrea G
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Panda Empress, First of Her Name
Avatar
mbmb
Go big or go home, right? Spending another drama point.

Poor evil guy! Keira springs after Felicity and tries to hit her upside the head with the weapon, hoping to either daze or distract her enough so that she drops the book!

1d10+4+2+10 1d10 = (3) = 3

Wow. Good job, Andrea. Way to add in all those modifiers you literally just typed... So that brings the total to 3+4+2+10=19.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 607635. IvoryThorns
  • 1d10 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • 1d10+4+2+10
  • Thu Oct 9, 2014 7:37 pm
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven follows Nick with his baton out in case he needs any help.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keira springs at Felicity, swinging her baton as she goes. A resounding *CRACK* can be heard as Keira makes contact with the side of Felicity's head, and much to her surprise, Felicity's head spins off and goes flying through the air.

Felicity screams at Keira, now unable to do anything. As her head gets to the vertex of its ascent, it appears to hang in mid-air for only a second, then changes direction as the winds from the vortex pick it up and suck it into its black, swirling clouds.

Nick reaches the control panel for the door, Steven right behind him. He hits the button...but nothing happens. Hitting it again and again, the rollup to the back of the loading dock refuses to move. He glances back and sees Jeff running toward the book.

Jeff dives toward the book, skidding along the floor and landing just in front of it. As he reaches down to grab it, a foot lands on it. Looking up, Jeff sees that the foot belongs to Bil; a malevolent smile reaches across his face.

Bil's other leg lefts and Jeff realizes he's about to be kicked, hard, in the face. His eyes shut, but the only thing he can hear is a gunshot above the noise of the wind. He opens his eyes to see Bil flung back, a hole where his nose once was. Looking back, he can see the smoke still emanating from Nick's gun.

"Get the book!" Nick yells.

Part 2 tomorrow!
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hudak
United States
North Canton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, momentarily startled by the sudden change in his fate, realizes he has to react quickly. He grabs the book and with all his might throws it into the air toward the swirling vortex.

The book is pulled into the center of the clouds and hangs there. Lightening, originating from somewhere in the vortex, strikes the book repeatedly; the sound is deafening. The book, and the room itself, begin to vibrate as the book starts to disappear into the unknown nether regions within the vortex.

As soon as the book disappears, the winds strengthen and the lightening begins to strike randomly around the room. Nick starts hitting the door to the button over and over again, but to no avail.

Steven, feeling the power of his character build within him, raises his club within the air and shouts "FOR THE ALLIANCE!", and swings it at the button. It hits with a massive clang, and for a few suspenseful seconds, nothing. The garage door then begins to rapidly ascend.

As soon as it does, the four companions begin to run out of the loading dock as lightening strikes all around them. There is a large explosion as one lightening bolt hits a fuel tank and throws everyone outside and into some boxes on the dock.

Then silence.

After a few moments, as everyone regains their senses, they are able to look around at an area that appears a bomb went off. The loading dock is destroyed, but there are no deadites and no signs of the book or the vortex. A collective sigh of relief goes through the group, but is cut short as a moan escapes from a box near them that begins to move.

Jumping up, and with Nick's gun trained at the box, everyone tenses as they expect the worst. The box flies open, to reveal Chuck lying there, wide-eyed but very much alive.

"That was awesome!" he shouts. "I can't believe that LARP was that realistic!"

Everyone looks a dumbfounded at him as he stands up and brushes himself off.


"Now," he begins. "Let's get back to my game, Merchants of Sicily Space Station Alpha 5!"

*Roll credits.*
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] |