Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've written up that Jak has a YT-1300 (same as Millenium Falcon) and is looking for a smuggling crew. I just chose smuggling as a default, we could be a band of bounty hunters if you want. I'm not sure off the top of my head if there are many other occupations available for EotE crews.

I wrote in how Jak has met Astarii, since we seem to have touched on that here. I mentioned Satlimar and Ishmael since you guys have started on your characters as well.

I think at this point all of you can say how you joined the crew. This is how we first became a group. It started on The Wheel, but I guess we don't all have to have met there. We could pick up more crew members along the way, at other locations, whatever fits your character's story.

I think our GM implied that we should have done a few jobs together already, and built some connections and accrued some shared Obligation. My understanding is that the adventure that he'll run will start sometime after this, when we're all back at The Wheel again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I've started building my character, in terms of actual stats. I got a question for any who've played a little more. How much should I prioritize attributes over skills or talents? Right now, I'm a human, so I get a few extra free skills, 110 XP and everything starts at 2. I am kind of thinking of just boosting three atributes to 3 (probably Brawn, Agility and Intellect, though I'm not sure yet). That leaves me 20 XP, which I'll fully sink into skills. Or do you think I should put less in? Experienced players, speak to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Akhatosh wrote:
Hmmm, I've started building my character, in terms of actual stats. I got a question for any who've played a little more. How much should I prioritize attributes over skills or talents? Right now, I'm a human, so I get a few extra free skills, 110 XP and everything starts at 2. I am kind of thinking of just boosting three atributes to 3 (probably Brawn, Agility and Intellect, though I'm not sure yet). That leaves me 20 XP, which I'll fully sink into skills. Or do you think I should put less in? Experienced players, speak to me!

Depends on what kind of character you are making. Also, don't forget talents! Top row is 5 XP each, second row 10 XP, so make sure to leave yourself some for that--those are your most powerful career features.

That said, your character design is your own. I've found that raising more than two stats at creation is just cost prohibitive. You really need a mix of skills and stats--the stats alone are not that helpful without the skills to back them up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, true...Raising two would most likely be best, leave me 50 points to spread over the talents and skills...I really like the system, it looks very freeflowing, but I'm still trying to work out how all the gears click together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jhhoffmann wrote:
So I've written up that Jak has a YT-1300 (same as Millenium Falcon) and is looking for a smuggling crew. I just chose smuggling as a default, we could be a band of bounty hunters if you want. I'm not sure off the top of my head if there are many other occupations available for EotE crews.

I wrote in how Jak has met Astarii, since we seem to have touched on that here. I mentioned Satlimar and Ishmael since you guys have started on your characters as well.

I think at this point all of you can say how you joined the crew. This is how we first became a group. It started on The Wheel, but I guess we don't all have to have met there. We could pick up more crew members along the way, at other locations, whatever fits your character's story.

I think our GM implied that we should have done a few jobs together already, and built some connections and accrued some shared Obligation. My understanding is that the adventure that he'll run will start sometime after this, when we're all back at The Wheel again.

How locked in are you on that ship? Just curious.

I haven't looked at any others yet - but any interest in any other ships?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Akhatosh wrote:
Hmmm, true...Raising two would most likely be best, leave me 50 points to spread over the talents and skills...I really like the system, it looks very freeflowing, but I'm still trying to work out how all the gears click together.

Yup! Don't forget, your dice pool is attribute OR skill, whichever is higher, with dice upgraded with the lower.

e.g.

If your character (say, a colonist) has Agility 2 and Ranged, Light 1, and shoots at a battle droid in a cantina. She'll roll

2 dice (agility)... 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} -> ( iid:1746421) -> (
) [+]

with one upgraded to a proficiency (due to relevant skill)... 1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} -> ( iid:1746447) -> (
) [+]

difficulty dice for hitting the droid 2customw{1:iid:1746437;1:iid:1746438;1:iid:1746439;3:iid:1746441;1:iid:1746442;1:iid:1746440} -> ( iid:1746441 iid:1746438) -> (
) [+]

Whereas if you are wanting to be a gunslinger...perhaps you raised Agility to 3, and put raised Ranged Light to 2. (Or, ranged light 3, agility 2--same dice pool results):

Then, same scene, same cantina...
rolling 3 dice... 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} -> ( iid:1746421) -> (
) [+]

2 upgraded for proficiency 2customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} -> ( iid:1746451 iid:1746450) -> (
) [+]

same difficulty 2customw{1:iid:1746437;1:iid:1746438;1:iid:1746439;3:iid:1746441;1:iid:1746442;1:iid:1746440} -> ( iid:1746441 iid:1746439) -> (
) [+]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 520144. eddie_drood
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} =
  • ( iid:1746421) =
  • ( iid:1746421)
  • 2 dice (agility)...
  • Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 520146. eddie_drood
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} =
  • ( iid:1746447) =
  • ( iid:1746447)
  • with one upgraded to a proficiency (due to relevant skill)...
  • Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:46 pm
  • [+]
  • 520147. eddie_drood
  • 2customw{1:iid:1746437;1:iid:1746438;1:iid:1746439;3:iid:1746441;1:iid:1746442;1:iid:1746440} =
  • ( iid:1746441 iid:1746438) =
  • ( iid:1746441 iid:1746438)
  • difficulty dice for hitting the droid
  • Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:47 pm
  • [+]
  • 520151. eddie_drood
  • 1customw{1:iid:1746420;2:iid:1746421;1:iid:1746423;2:iid:1746418;1:iid:1746422;1:iid:1746419} =
  • ( iid:1746421) =
  • ( iid:1746421)
  • rolling 3 dice...
  • Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 520152. eddie_drood
  • 2customw{1:iid:1746449;2:iid:1746450;2:iid:1746452;1:iid:1746447;3:iid:1746451;2:iid:1746448;1:iid:1746453} =
  • ( iid:1746451 iid:1746450) =
  • ( iid:1746451 iid:1746450)
  • 2 upgraded for proficiency
  • Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:49 pm
  • [+]
  • 520154. eddie_drood
  • 2customw{1:iid:1746437;1:iid:1746438;1:iid:1746439;3:iid:1746441;1:iid:1746442;1:iid:1746440} =
  • ( iid:1746441 iid:1746439) =
  • ( iid:1746441 iid:1746439)
  • same difficulty
  • Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:50 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

In the first case, 1 success and one success and one failure cancel each other out, and one advantage and one setback cancel each other out--clean miss, no complications.

In the second, 3 hits, 2 misses = hit! The advantage cancels the setback, so it's a clean blaster shot to the battledroid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
jhhoffmann wrote:
So I've written up that Jak has a YT-1300 (same as Millenium Falcon)

I don't have my book in front of me, but from what I remember, we basically only have the YT-1300, the Firespray, and the Ghtroc available to us.

Boba Fett's ship, Slave I, was a Firespray. That ship is a little small for a larger crew like ours, or for smuggling, due to small cargo holds. It is good for bounty hunters since bounties don't take much space.

The Ghtroc is bigger, but it just looks like a big ugly turtle.

I may be wrong and there may be more ships available.

There are some more ships stated out here. I'm not sure how many of them are in EotE. I know some of them are from AoR (Age of Rebellion) Beta.

But in any case I'm open to changing up the ship. My personal preference is the YT-1300. I could go for the YT-2400 if it's in the core book (or one of the supplements) and if the GM allows.

Edit: confused the Ghtroc with the Wayfarer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always was a fan of the YV-929, mostly because one of my past assassin characters had one I think. The YT series however is a really good pick too, flexible and such. You're the pilot, you get the biggest voice in the ship, methinks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jhhoffmann wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:
jhhoffmann wrote:
So I've written up that Jak has a YT-1300 (same as Millenium Falcon)

I don't have my book in front of me, but from what I remember, we basically only have the YT-1300, the Firespray, and the Ghtroc available to us.

Boba Fett's ship, Slave I, was a Firespray. That ship is a little small for a larger crew like ours, or for smuggling, due to small cargo holds. It is good for bounty hunters since bounties don't take much space.

The Ghtroc is bigger, but it just looks like a big ugly turtle.

I may be wrong and there may be more ships available.

There are some more ships stated out here. I'm not sure how many of them are in EotE. I know some of them are from AoR (Age of Rebellion) Beta.

But in any case I'm open to changing up the ship. My personal preference is the YT-1300. I could go for the YT-2400 if it's in the core book (or one of the supplements) and if the GM allows.

Edit: confused the Ghtroc with the Wayfarer.

I picked up the explorer book today. I will post one or two that might be other options for us tonight when I'm back at my computer.

But yes, of the core book, the YT-1300 is likely the best bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
The explorer book does have more ships, I just haven't had time to post them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't the correlian book add ships too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the sourcebooks do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eddie - can you explain something on the ships to me?

Explorer book - page 61-62 is the Loronar E-9 Explorer-Class Armed Long-Range Scout Vessel.

Look at the top left of the second page - where it talks stats:

How many people can be on the ship?

It has:

Ship's Compliment: One pilot, one copilot, one engineer, and one loadmaster.

THEN

Passenger Capacity: 4

So can there be 4 people on the ship? Or 8 total? 4 crew + 4 passengers?

Here is makes the distinction: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-9_Explorer

Does that mean a ship like that could work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
The crew entry is in addition to passengers, so the E-9 holds eight people total comfortably. Personally, I think the E-9 is a great choice.

Compared to the YT-1300, the E-9 has: half the cargo space, but tougher hull armor, can sustain more damage, equal fire power, and a little less modification capability. Equal sub-light handling and speed, the E-9 has a faster hyperdrive engine than an unmodifird YT-1300.

So yes, in short--it will work--it even fits the starting ship cost profile requirement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood wrote:
The crew entry is in addition to passengers, so the E-9 holds eight people total comfortably. Personally, I think the E-9 is a great choice.

Compared to the YT-1300, the E-9 has: half the cargo space, but tougher hull armor, can sustain more damage, equal fire power, and a little less modification capability. Equal sub-light handling and speed, the E-9 has a faster hyperdrive engine than an unmodifird YT-1300.

OK, I don't have the Explorer sourcebook, and I'm not planning on getting it. Can someone post the E-9's full stats?

I've looked over my book, and I was wrong, they do suggest the Wayfarer instead of the Ghtroc. But looking at the Wayfarer, I'm not excited about that either.

However, the YT-2400 looks even better to me than the YT-1300, so it has now become my first choice (if it's ok with Eddie).

So anyway, I'd prefer a ship from the Core book, unless I can get the stats for other ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - with the ship - it has been designed with easy access to the internal systems - power systems, hyperdrive, computers, sensors, etc - they gain a
to any mechanics or computers skill checks... could come in handy.

Rest of the stats are:
4 Silhouette
3 Speed
-1 Handling
1 - - 1 Defense
4 Armor
25 Hull Trauma
14 System Strain

Encumbrance capacity: 60
Consumables: Six months
Customization Hard Points: 4

Cool looking ship too! - http://imgur.com/D2wzhuq

That would be my vote personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
It is cool looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'm leaning mostly towards the E-9. It's perhaps a little less roomy or modifiable, but I like the E-9 because of four reasons. One, it's flavour full, I like the ship description and looks a lot, and like that the ship demands a few "roles". It'd make sense for Jak to keep us all around, since the ship has quite some needs. Further flavour is added because of the crawlspaces. Imagine the possibilities! Hidden compartments, hidden entrances to get around the ship or hide. Secondly, those crawlspaces are going to make it easier for me (the likely mechanic) to keep it running, which is fairly important since I'm not going to be playing an actual technician. I'll need all the help I can get. Third, a faster hyperdrive. We might not run as much cargo as the YT-2400, but we can run it quicker. Combine that with the better sensors (fourth) and we can run high value cargo, hidden in the crawlspaces, fast, with a good chance of detecting any traps or trouble before they spot us.

Also, it's an explorer vessel too, which means we're even more flexible. Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
Also - with the ship - it has been designed with easy access to the internal systems - power systems, hyperdrive, computers, sensors, etc - they gain a

Rest of the stats are:
4 Silhouette
3 Speed
-1 Handling
1 - - 1 Defense
4 Armor
25 Hull Trauma
14 System Strain

You forgot to mention:

- Class 1 Hyperdrive, back up class 12
- Medium sensor range

Not to be pedantic, but those are important selling points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akhatosh wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:

Rest of the stats are:
4 Silhouette
3 Speed
-1 Handling
1 - - 1 Defense
4 Armor
25 Hull Trauma
14 System Strain

You forgot to mention:

- Medium sensor range

Yeah, I was going to ask for those as well. We're still missing the weapon stats. I guess the cost/rarity doesn't matter since Eddie's already endorsed it.

I'd like to read the full flavour text as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I saw your post and planned to type the rest... Then the power went out at the hotel I am staying at tonight... Ugh!

Have a night away for work with no wife and kids all planned to read up on my character and plan...now no power.

I am at a Buffalo Wild Wings to at least have some light!!! I will type up the rest - flavor included - when the hotel calls to tell me we have power again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Akhatosh wrote:
SoylentRed wrote:

Rest of the stats are:
4 Silhouette
3 Speed
-1 Handling
1 - - 1 Defense
4 Armor
25 Hull Trauma
14 System Strain

You forgot to mention:

- Medium sensor range

Indeed they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bavo T.
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go. Don't say I don't love you guys.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B422pv17b07cOHJXcnVXMmR5UmM...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B422pv17b07cRWJyRTRQekJxV0E...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hoffmann
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Akhatosh wrote:

OK guys, you've convinced me. We have a E-9.

Now we have to name it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [26] |